My Intro

OneMoreCone

Verified Military
Hey all. Been a lurker on here for a little while trying to absorb as much info as I can. Decided it was time to pull the trigger and start getting more involved.

I'm Chris, just turned 30 this week, and I'm a PJ hopeful. This is something that has been on my heart for a long time. I first heard about Pararescue about 10 years ago and knew that it was for me and began training seriously for it. With that though, life happened shortly after. I met my future wife, got hired on a fire department, and started having kids. I didn't feel it was the right time to put my family through the long road & sacrifice of trying out to become a PJ, until now. Kids are a little older, things are good and stable and I have my wife's full support on this.

I have a small amount of military experience in the Guard (Army) as a medic. No deployments. I'm currently in an infantry battalion attached to an line company near Phoenix, AZ. In the civilian realm I'm a full-time firefighter. I have loved every bit of my job as a firefighter over the years, and it has been "a" calling, but not "the" calling. Can't shake this burning desire to become a Pararescueman (and I don't want to).

Hope this wasn't too long and sappy or something - wasn't sure how these introductions are really supposed to go - but just wanted to share a bit of why I'm here. Not including the time spent training years ago, I've only been training seriously for about a month and a half now. Hoping to get some insight to take it to the next level.

Thanks for reading!

Chris

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Pretty awesome to be able to tap in to this resource for information from experienced guys. It is appreciated!

Back