NAVY SEAL FACES INVESTIGATION (Update - Other threads locked)

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
NAVY SEAL TURNS OVER PICTURE OF BIN LADEN’S BODY, FACES INVESTIGATION OF BUSINESS TIES

Matthew Bissonnette, the former SEAL and author of No Easy Day, a firsthand account of the 2011 bin Laden operation, had already been under investigation by both the Justice Department and the Navy for revealing classified information. The two people familiar with the probe said the current investigation, led by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, expanded after Bissonnette agreed to hand over a hard drive containing an unauthorized photo of the al Qaeda leader’s corpse. The government has fought to keep pictures of bin Laden’s body from being made public for what it claims are national security reasons.

The retired SEAL voluntarily provided investigators with a copy of his hard drive as part of an agreement not to prosecute him for unlawfully possessing classified material, according to the two people familiar with the deal.

The two people who spoke about the case, and other former SEALs The Intercept interviewed about Bissonnette, asked that their names not be used because they were describing an ongoing investigation and classified matters.

“I can confirm that the criminal investigation of Mr. Bissonnette for alleged wrongful handling or disclosure of classified information was closed through declination by the DOJ in August 2015,” said Robert Luskin, an attorney who represents Bissonnette.

More Here

Maybe this will be a lesson / warning to those who seek to over extend their want for fame or fortune, maybe it won't.

Interesting to note he's since had his name added to the rock.......i.e. Indicating he's been PNG'd from the community.

NAVY SEAL TURNS OVER PICTURE OF BIN LADEN’S BODY, FACES INVESTIGATION OF BUSINESS TIES

Matthew Bissonnette, the former SEAL and author of No Easy Day, a firsthand account of the 2011 bin Laden operation, had already been under investigation by both the Justice Department and the Navy for revealing classified information. The two people familiar with the probe said the current investigation, led by the Naval Criminal Investigative Service, expanded after Bissonnette agreed to hand over a hard drive containing an unauthorized photo of the al Qaeda leader’s corpse. The government has fought to keep pictures of bin Laden’s body from being made public for what it claims are national security reasons.

The retired SEAL voluntarily provided investigators with a copy of his hard drive as part of an agreement not to prosecute him for unlawfully possessing classified material, according to the two people familiar with the deal.

The two people who spoke about the case, and other former SEALs The Intercept interviewed about Bissonnette, asked that their names not be used because they were describing an ongoing investigation and classified matters.

“I can confirm that the criminal investigation of Mr. Bissonnette for alleged wrongful handling or disclosure of classified information was closed through declination by the DOJ in August 2015,” said Robert Luskin, an attorney who represents Bissonnette.

More Here

Maybe this will be a lesson / warning to those who seek to over extend their want for fame or fortune, maybe it won't.

Interesting to note he's since had his name added to the rock.......i.e. Indicating he's been PNG'd from the community.

He'd be in the clear if he was Sec State.

Umm...didn't the author of that ^^^ piece write a book too?:-"
Books can get vetted, or published without SOCOM vetting the book.
I don't care that he wrote a book, but having classified should get you in trouble. This will be a classic case when the Defense Attorney reminds the jury of Hillary's free pass.
Question for the crowd; what's the difference between this and giving classified info to a movie producer who makes a movie favorable to the administration?

Umm...didn't the author of that ^^^ piece write a book too?:-"
lol touche'

If said author did... which I can neither confirm nor deny... said author fully vetted it with the Ranger Regiment before the first copy saw the light of day.

The issue isn't with writing books per se, it's with reneging on one's oath, breaking faith with one's comrades, throwing OPSEC and national security to the wind, and selling out for personal profit. There are plenty of legit ways to tell one's story publicly, if one is patient and isn't greedy.

Books can get vetted, or published without SOCOM vetting the book.
I don't care that he wrote a book, but having classified should get you in trouble. This will be a classic case when the Defense Attorney reminds the jury of Hillary's free pass.
Question for the crowd; what's the difference between this and giving classified info to a movie producer who makes a movie favorable to the administration?

I'm not yet convinced Hillary is going to skate. In fact the same author as above will likely have a piece out about that in the upcoming days.

When it comes to giving classified info to movie producers, the President is the ultimately classification authority. If he says, "it's OK to give this," then it's OK. It's kind of crappy but that's the way it works.

lol touche'

If said author did... which I can neither confirm nor deny... said author fully vetted it with the Ranger Regiment before the first copy saw the light of day.

The issue isn't with writing books per se, it's with reneging on one's oath, breaking faith with one's comrades, throwing OPSEC and national security to the wind, and selling out for personal profit. There are plenty of legit ways to tell one's story publicly, if one is patient and isn't greedy.
Totally agree with this.

Back