New Boonie Hat Design

If it were ever going to be used in a bush/jungle environment i'd loose the velcro and the mesh, take out the internal pocket to cool it.

Shorter brim :thumbsup:

I think I'll just say 10% off for you ShadowSpear types. The current price for the version shown above is $34.99, so $31.50. The lighter pardus version will be $29.99, so $26.99. Shoot me a PM we'll make it happen. I'll do this until the end of the day on the 5th of this month. We're already making them in bulk so the lighter version can be worked in immedietly.

I have another version that I'll be releasing soon, and now I'll add one more version for pardus & co... the ultra lightweight, ultra ventilated, ultra stripped down boonie.

What does ultra ventilated mean for the design of the hat? It does have the tighter/shorter 55o on the sides for foliage? I despise the big loops on the issue boonie.

The Boonie has to have some sort of ventilation. I'll keep the 550 the way it is. I've never been a fan of the webbing loops around the bottom of the dome on the issue hats either. These are all made by hand but the mother of a Soldier wounded in Iraq. The fact that she makes them by hand means we can do some customization. If someone wants no vents, or no 550, or 550 with inner strands intact, etc... we can do that.

Uck........... well one thing for certain, during the Viet-Nam War people knew how to wear boonie hats. Today they just flop them on their heads? What happened. We would form them and shape them so they were uber-cool. Kids these days! :rolleyes:

You didn't change it, you opened it up for more options. I'll do that one and call it the Col. Mike Kirby.
You know Friday when I met with the guys from 5th Group and gave them some Boonies, they loved all the features, but what they liked the most was that they could put their glasses up top and feed the earpieces through the loops and keep them from falling off.
Sunglasses.jpg

I've learned that I can't please everyone with one design, so I please everyone with options. 2 1/2" or 2 1/8" brim.

Oh, and if there's any takers on the sale price, it's gonna end in about two and a half hours.

Yep, just trying to get on top of the ABD/SERE, Multicam, and Woodland Camo, and AOR 1 I need for inventory. I could probably get another run started early next month with some coyote in it. Doing a few Kryptek Mandrakes right now too for special orders.

Cool. No rush. Kryptek Nomad, US4CES Arid, would be highly welcomed, but just about any other desert CADPAT would work just as well, (if that helps at). If you're willing, I'd pay extra for a wired edged brim.

Cool. No rush. Kryptek Nomad, US4CES Arid, would be highly welcomed, but just about any other desert CADPAT would work just as well, (if that helps at). If you're willing, I'd pay extra for a wired edged brim.
I had one with a piano wire in the brim, but it's long gone and the factory I'm using now can't slow down for one-offs. I'll post up what I have once I sort it out and fill existing orders.

How can I order one of these in size 7 3/4

You didn't change it, you opened it up for more options. I'll do that one and call it the Col. Mike Kirby.
You know Friday when I met with the guys from 5th Group and gave them some Boonies, they loved all the features, but what they liked the most was that they could put their glasses up top and feed the earpieces through the loops and keep them from falling off.
Sunglasses.jpg

I had one with a piano wire in the brim, but it's long gone and the factory I'm using now can't slow down for one-offs. I'll post up what I have once I sort it out and fill existing orders.

I can see you have never worn one in the jungle. Way too much on the hat; brim is too wide . no ventilation, will catch on anything you have to crawl thru. However, what the f*** do I know.

Back