New to the Army

tpannell

Unverified
Hello,

I am from OH but attended school in SC.

The September 11th terror attacks happened while I was a HS student prompting me and my buddy to join the Corps.

Served with 3/6L Co. was an 0331. Operated in Al Anbar primarily, 2006/2007/2008. At the time we were doing 6 months on 4-5 off while the Army was doing 15 months.

At the tail end of 2008 I was working on a reenlistment for EOD, I wanted to transition into something that was going to help people make it home, there was a big need at the time as well.

However while working my package I was doing combat instruction at Camp Devil Dog for SOI East; Obama came in and slashed numbers and incentives.

I elected to at that point go to college and play ball. I earned my degree from Akron University; walked on playing one year of football for the zips...we sucked but I got to play at the Horse Shoe and teams in the SEC. It was a good experience. Graduated Magna Cum Laude 2013.

2012-2014 I activated with 3/25 Weapons Co. it was a good reserve unit. Went to N. Iraq in 2014 for FMTU.

After graduating I somehow landed an awesome healthcare management position and did various forms of that from 2013 until 2018. Was appointed the superintendent for the Veteran Homes for the State of Ohio, in 2017 however decided to return to the Military due to the Niger attack in Oct of that year.

It prompted my wife and I to discuss and we both agreed, that I should return to Military service...so here I am.

I returned to service July of last year and was brought in as an 11b and placed on OSUT hold during that time the Army offered a re-class to 35T which I accepted.

I am now at Ft Campbell and slated to attend selection Oct 1st.

I wanted to join and post to reach out and see if anyone else is shipping out Oct 1.

Back