North and South Korea vow to end Korean War

TheSiatonist

Designated Hoops Sniper!
Groundbreaking...
...the Norwegian Nobel Committee may even award President 0bama a second peace prize after this announcement!!!!

This morning I watched Kim Jong Un waddle his fat butt across the border with South Korea and shake hands with South Korea's president. It seriously made me emotional.

I don't know what was more unbelievable to me; that this event actually happened, or that CNN ran an article in which someone publicly credited President Trump for setting the conditions.

This morning I watched Kim Jong Un waddle his fat but across the border with South Korea and shake hands with South Korea's president. It seriously made me emotional.

I don't know what was more unbelievable to me; that this event actually happened, or that CNN ran an article in which someone publicly credited President Trump for setting the conditions.
Agree on the emotional thing, skeptical, but hoping for better.

Xi may get a Nobel Peace Prize for being the catalyst of Kim's big turnaround.

I don't know about you all, but I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.

I thought the handshake and both Presidents stepping onto North and South sides of the border was absolutely brilliant to watch.

I think it's right for people to be skeptical of what exactly will come of this but all parties, including POTUS, deserve credit for getting this far.

It’s a good move on the DPRK’s part to deescalate tensions and make a play to relieve sanctions. They can offer a token arms reduction and remain a nuclear nation while everyone debates the disarmament timeline. They could very well have their cake and eat it too, even if it’s only temporary.

I wonder how Kim's metamorphosis will translate internally to the people of NK who've lived in darkness and fear for decades? How does that work? Cult zombie today, Gangnum Style tomorrow?

Last edited:
Possibly...although that might be difficult given the proximity of the two Koreas--SK being so successful and vibrantly Western.

True but if the government said "you can have all the KPOP you want and do whatever...just don't do anything religious or political" I think, considering the current situation, DPRKians would be content with that.

I'm genuinely curious what was said to Kim or what exactly happened for the complete 180 turn around and like @Ocoka said, how do a people that have been bombarded daily for multiple generations with pro-NK propaganda reconcile that the imperial devils aren't that bad?

Back