Not my time

ctree

CRNA
Verified Military
Posted an earlier thread that I was joining the Navy as a CRNA but after 7 months of buraceacy I was denied. The CRNA school I graduated from is accredited by the COA board and the Navy is only accepting CRNAs who graduated from a school accredited by the CCNE board. No difference in either school accreditation in the civilian world but despite multiple Medical Officers and supporting documents the Navy Nurse Corps Captain is holding fast on her decision to deny me an appointment. After being denied by the Air Force prior to the Navy because there was no openings and now this it looks like it just was not meant to be. Special thanks to SOST for his insight because that was the track I wanted to head toward. Thank you all for your service.

Damn, sorry to hear that. Keep in mind CRNA staffing levels in the DOD tends to go up and down regularly and entrance requirements often change with those fluctuations.

I have a call In with the AF and Army. The Navy Recruiter stated he would be calling me at the end of the year when the new credentialing officer took charge. Will keep trying.

Back