Older warrior, missing the frontline

Ranger PA

Unverified
Hello all, im a 43 y/o former Airborne Ranger qualified engineer who got out in 2000 and went to school.... Have since been an ER nurse and am now a PA..... I'm currently looking into returning to the guard or reserve for several reasons.....1st, I miss the comraderie of the warrior class. 2nd, I'm still a warrior and need to ensure im doing my part for my country. 3rd, I got out with over 10 years time in service and would like to get a retirement out of this deal, and lastly I would like to be out working with operators again on some level....though I may be older (43) im not dead and can still offer a great deal on the support side of things....
Proud to do my part.....in the past i started my military career with C co. 1/19 TH SFGA out of Camp Williams Utah (but that was many years ago) and recently while at a conference for SAPA (Society of Army Physician Assistants) I was informed that I might still be of use to our country and Army..... And so I found this site while researching SOT-A..... Hope to be a valued member of the community again.....HOOAH!!!

Thanks for the welcome men.... Always good to have contact with men that are still in the mix.... Hope to hopefully be back in the mix again soon, we shall see (mind you I won't be chewing the same dirt anymore..... But hopefully will be at least playing a part again....

So, I know that when we are out on the line we are fighting for our brothers on the left and the right.... And I know I bleed Red, White, and Blue..... So the question I have for all u my brethren who are out fighting the fight, how do u reconcile in ur daily lives that our country has fallen so far..... Become so liberal that conservatives have to watch their tone in all conversation. I ask this because on the civilian side it is hard enough.... But is/when I get things set up to rejoin the fight I find myself wondering how things have changed on the inside..... Wondering if warrior can still be warriors..... Any thoughts (and none of this was meant disparagingly) because I know many of u are the real deal and warriors, but it has to be hard and I'm looking for insight.... Hooah!!!

So, I know that when we are out on the line we are fighting for our brothers on the left and the right.... And I know I bleed Red, White, and Blue..... So the question I have for all u my brethren who are out fighting the fight, how do u reconcile in ur daily lives that our country has fallen so far..... Become so liberal that conservatives have to watch their tone in all conversation. I ask this because on the civilian side it is hard enough.... But is/when I get things set up to rejoin the fight I find myself wondering how things have changed on the inside..... Wondering if warrior can still be warriors..... Any thoughts (and none of this was meant disparagingly) because I know many of u are the real deal and warriors, but it has to be hard and I'm looking for insight.... Hooah!!!

That is a conversation best left for the General Discussion forum rather than your intro thread Doc. ;-)

Back