Parliament in lockdown

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
  • Four-wheel drive car said to have driven over Westminster Bridge knocking down pedestrians this afternoon
  • 'Asian' knifeman then got into the grounds of Parliament where he reportedly stabbed a police officer
  • The 'middle-aged' attacker was then shot by armed officers as the area was cleared by emergency services
  • Parliament was suspended and the Prime Minister was rushed from the scene in an unmarked police car
Parliament shooting: Man shot at Westminster Bridge | Daily Mail Online

At this point what is most noticeable to me is that in all of the pics posted so far, the police presence seems somewhat tame. I've seen only one noticeably armed officer, and he appeared dressed like the tactical guys used to dress in the TV show SWAT.

Had this happened in the U.S., there would be more cops than bystanders, and they would mostly look liked they just walked off the set of the latest Navy SEAL movie and brought the weapons with them.

Personal opinion, but the Brit's reaction is more calming.

To Add: Pretty Good Summary Here

Last edited:
Yes in the UK Asian often means Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi.

No real surprises on this one.

Listening to a local media member whom I trust. He is saying that the Police Officer who was killed was engaging the knife wielder and preventing him from entering Parliament.

Have to wonder if he was armed.

Damn :(

She, I think.

Could have been. The general duties bobbies aren't armed there but there are quite a few around significant sites. I think (?) the guy was shot at the same time he stabbed her so it would stand to reason that she was.

Could have been. The general duties bobbies aren't armed there but there are quite a few around significant sites. I think (?) the guy was shot at the same time he stabbed her so it would stand to reason that she was.

The unarmed officer who died has been named by Scotland Yard as 48-year-old father Keith Palmer.

Five dead and 40+ injured. Rest in peace to the victims.

Rot in hell you sonofabitch.

Back