Pekin post office to be renamed after fallen Marine.

Chopstick

Verified Estrogen Brigade
This is quite literally close to my heart. Jordan and my son served together in 3/7. Never Forgotten, Jordan. 3/7 NO SHIT!

Pekin post office to be renamed after fallen Marine Jordan Bastean

President Donald Trump signed off on a bill Thursday morning that will rename the post office in Pekin after Lance Cpl. Jordan Bastean, who died while serving in Afghanistan.
The measure will rename the post office, located at 514 Broadway St., the Lance Corporal Jordan S. Bastean Post Office. Bastean, a Marine who was born and raised in Pekin, was killed in combat in 2011.
The 2010 graduate of Pekin Community High School deployed to Afghanistan as part of the 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment, which was based out of Twentynine Palms, Calif. On Oct. 23, 2011, during his first deployment, Bastean was killed while conducting combat operations in Helmand province.
A Pekin native, he was a four-year cadet in the JROTC and captain of the air rifle team while in high school. He joined the Marines because, as he once told his father, “they were the toughest.”
The bill, sponsored by U.S. Rep. Cheri Bustos, D-Moline, cleared the House in March. She said in a news release that such an honor was befitting of Bastean.
“Lance Corporal Jordan S. Bastean was a courageous American hero who made the ultimate sacrifice defending our freedoms,” Bustos said. “Although nothing will be able to make up for the great loss of Lance Corporal Bastean, I hope this designation serves as an enduring reminder of his legacy and service to our nation.”
There will be a dedication ceremony at the Lance Corporal Jordan S. Bastean Post Office scheduled in the future.

Back