Random (but real) Picture Thread

Chopstick

Verified Estrogen Brigade
I searched but didn't see a thread to fit so I decided to start one. Real random pictures of something that just happens to be where you are. I will start.
Sitting in the bar in the Vero Beach Airport recently (getting shitfaced with friends) and a couple of folks fly up with their airplanes. Not too strange in a small regional airport. Except they were vintage aircraft and totally cool. The pilots appeared to be vintage as well.
verobeachairport.jpg

I searched but didn't see a thread to fit so I decided to start one. Real random pictures of something that just happens to be where you are. I will start.
Sitting in the bar in the Vero Beach Airport recently (getting shitfaced with friends) and a couple of folks fly up with their airplanes. Not too strange in a small regional airport. Except they were vintage aircraft and totally cool. The pilots appeared to be vintage as well.

Vero Beach, FL - Vero Beach Regional Airport (VRB) - The Collings Foundation

I took these two pictures on the same day. The one of the little girl is priceless and the dude with the chrome AK is probably an ISIS General by now. Mosul.JPGMosul (2).JPG

I would give hate for the envy I'm experiencing right now but it seems all I can give are "likes" right now. Closest I can even come to that (which isn't even in the same ballpark) is out in western Nebraska or Colorado.

Nah, just little old Montana.... a few hills nearby...

DfOa4q.jpg

qJHdVC.jpg

We're on our last bench of the open cut mine I've been working in since 2010 (it's tight down the bottom, once upon a time it would take us months and months to turn a bench over, this last one is 3 small shots and will be pre split, drilled, loaded, blasted and dug out and hauled away in less than 2 weeks).

Correspondingly, there is a lot of gear already being sent on its way to greener pastures.

Top pic is the power pack from a 700 tonne Liebherr 996 digger, a shade over 3000 Hp from 2 x V16 3069 in3 Cummins engines. The second pic is one of the tracks. There will be another truck with a bucket and a counter balance, another with the other track. One with the cab and another bucket, another with the chassis, and two more with each part of the boom arms.

Last edited:
Jonny showed up to a desert training evolution. Sat too close to the fire. Poor Jonny🤧😪E4129178-E4E0-49EE-B0AC-132AB3107617.jpeg

Back