Ranger School - some photos

Had I still been an RI and heard this song, the fucking writer would have gotten a major plus :D

Just like this little ditty (chaplains forgive us crazy ranger students :) )

Noah was a small boat captain
moses was a land-nav nogo
david was a small arms expert
goliath didn't wear his K-pot
Judas was a buddy******

Are they wearing life jackets during the 40' drop?
If so, does anyone know when this started?

When weak or non swimmers would no longer "bob"

(Being submerged underwater made it difficult for both the student who could not hear the RI's instructions and for the RI, who could not interpret acknowledgement of an ass chewing given the student based on just the bubbles alone..........)

When weak or non swimmers would no longer "bob"

(Being submerged underwater made it difficult for both the student who could not hear the RI's instructions and for the RI, who could not interpret acknowledgement of an ass chewing given the student based on just the bubbles alone..........)

Yea, I guess wearing a life jacket is an effective method of identifying weak or non-swimmers.

It wasn't like that in 2001. I remember getting a beautiful bloody nose hitting the water :D

Ranger School.....no Mountain Phase in RIP.....

Great photos Ravage....I still have nightmares...

Thanks for rekindling my RS PTSD....LMAO!

LOL - that's what I was going to say!

Great photo's - too bad they don't still have desert phase.

As far as the pool goes, I remember breaking Ice and thanking the God's of Cold to be one of the first.....those poor bastards that had to wait in line for each activity truly froze their fucking asses off.

This among many other things dispelled my dumbass Yankee belief that the south was warm......

We broke the ice on Malvesti.....I shudder still thinking about it....that was one of the most god-awful experiences of my life so far....and I was sick for about two weeks afterwards.

they made us sing songs going down the zip line...i sang robert earle keane's "copenhagen"

We broke the ice on Malvesti.....I shudder still thinking about it....that was one of the most god-awful experiences of my life so far....and I was sick for about two weeks afterwards.

they made us sing songs going down the zip line...i sang robert earle keane's "copenhagen"

It's sad when the swamps in Florida smelled better than Malvesti :p.

Seems easy enough... :-x NOT!

Great pics.

I can honestly say that's one school I have no desire to go to.

Quick question to those who been there. PL are selected randomly or are they NCO's/O's who are attending the School ?

I was a PL for actions-on during my second round in mountains, had a Battboy RI as my grader. He rode me hard the whole entire time and then on top of that gave me a no go, lol.

Everything was going great during our raid up until the opfor opened up with a 240 from on top of the hill directly above the objective we were assualting through... FML

Back