SCUBA divers. : Intro

here are my latest photos of training underwater

res235562_DSC02180.JPG

res235563_DSC02181.JPG

res235564_DSC02182.JPG

mike is on right....

Recreational diver, certified in Taiwan in '07. Haven't been in awhile, need to re-cert. Will probably take care of that after deployment given enough time and money.

We got a talk from the then head of our dive team, I thought it sounded interesting until he mentioned ships settling on top of you in harbour.

One of the guys on my team was on it, he said he didn't even like diving when he did it, he just wanted the challenge and the teamwork involved. Now he loves it and is a Master Diver. Go figure.

After some serious back bending, I have managed to get into a training through the Sea Cadets to do some SCUBA with a very experienced master diver, and get certified. I'm very excited.

Back, and got my open water cert. through PADI. Breathing underwater is awesome! Takes getting used to, but it opens up a whole new world. I got to see a 7,000 year old forest off the coast of Thunderbay Island in Lake Huron, too cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been PADI open water certified for 19 years. I did about a hundred logged dives in 18 months in Okinawa but TMO lost my stuff on my move back. I havent been diving since then but I want to get back into it.

I got my Advanced Cert for PADI in Hawaii in '07. I now live in Tennessee where the only thing you can dive in is murky lakes, rivers and quarries. So my inspiration to dive lately is a little low.

Diving since 1977, basic in high school. Numerous specialities, PADI "Master Scuba Diver" since 2010. Considering Divemaster / Instructor, don't want to take the fun out of diving by turning it into work. Hate California ocean diving, love Florida and Mexico as well as the Caribbean. Guam & Thailand are amazing! ;)

If you are military Diver or a military dive school graduate and would like comparable NAUI C- Cards for you experience then check this out:

MARK V MONUMENT NAUI |

Legit opportunity and even more legit cause.

Back