shinwalker intro

shinwalker

Unverified
Hey everyone! Long time lurker here that finally got around to making an account. Currently, i’m a civilian and in the process of becoming a federal law enforcement officer (not sure if I should name drop the agency or not, but i’ll just err on the side of caution and leave it out).

My eventual 100m target is SWAT - i’ve been staying fit, training my ass off, and keeping myself occupied with family and friends during this quarantine. It’s an honor to be among many of you guys on here, and i’ve been silently reading through the forums for awhile now just acting like a sponge and absorbing all the info that i can - be it training advice, words of wisdom, or just life advice in general.

With my agency, I will most likely have the opportunity to support DoD operations overseas in some capacity in addition to my LE duties here in the states. I am currently in the background investigation process which has been going smoothly, and am patiently waiting for Covid-19 to subside so I can continue with the rest of my onboarding process and eventually get to the academy.

I’ll admit i’m not the greatest at intros so I hope i’ve done an okay job. Would once again like to express my gratitude to all the verified members here that give their advice and wisdom freely to those of us who are trying to walk the path.

I want to give a big shoutout to a couple members here - first to Arf for the amount of detailed advice and wisdom he provides about the SWCC community. Even though that’s not my lane, it’s really interesting to read and appreciate the insights into one of the lesser known sof communities.

Second - to the legend himself surgicalcric. You may not realize it - but the amount of motivation and inspiration your story has given to me and most likely hundreds of other nameless, faceless lurkers of this forum is just incredible. It makes it much easier to put my own struggles into perspective and helps me to man the hell up in times of stress.

I hope everyone is staying healthy and connected with their loved ones during this crazy uncertain time!

-shin

Hey all -
Just wanted to give a quick update to my post from a few months back. I made it through the hiring process and I'm currently in my 3rd week of the academy! Hardest i've ever been pushed in my life both mentally and physically but I'm loving every minute of it.

Back