Shooting Through Glass

Nikolai308

Verified Military
I am taking a sniper instructor course and I have to prepare a class on shooting through glass. We were assigned today and tomorrow I have to present. If anybody has any information and have time - PLEASE email it ASAP to m249s@yahoo.com

The class is through LPR / Mark Spicer

Thanks and Semper Fi

Google it, there is a ton of information out there.

shooting through glass - Google Search

Are you looking for a lesson plan to use or data to support your own lesson plan?

Are you expected to give a full class on precision rifle fire through glass, specific type of glass (commercial, auto, multi panel)? Or do you have to do a nugget of info class (I.e. this research says 'X' bullets are best for this specific glass, etc).

Google it, there is a ton of information out there.

shooting through glass - Google Search

Are you looking for a lesson plan to use or data to support your own lesson plan?

Are you expected to give a full class on precision rifle fire through glass, specific type of glass (commercial, auto, multi panel)? Or do you have to do a nugget of info class (I.e. this research says 'X' bullets are best for this specific glass, etc).

I have checked google - there is some stuff. I am looking for data that I can use, I want to build my own lesson plan. I am expected to give at least 30 minutes of presentation.

I am taking a sniper instructor course and I have to prepare a class on shooting through glass. We were assigned today and tomorrow I have to present. If anybody has any information and have time - PLEASE email it ASAP to m249s@yahoo.com

The class is through LPR / Mark Spicer

Thanks and Semper Fi

Just a thought, our private message feature might me more to your advantage in exchanging information here @ ShadowSpear. Check your in box!

Last edited:
Little experience from Gryphon Group. I'd imagine there's some good content out there for you. Good luck

I'll try and email or PM you some stuff later tonight. I'm at a birthday party for a good friend, if you have any specific questions, I'll try and reply as I can.

There is a good article out there by Paul Howe of combat shooting and tactics, from a few years ago (10-15) but good reference data.

I'll try and email or PM you some stuff later tonight. I'm at a birthday party for a good friend, if you have any specific questions, I'll try and reply as I can.

There is a good article out there by Paul Howe of combat shooting and tactics, from a few years ago (10-15) but good reference data.

Thank you - enjoy the birthday party and have a cold one or three!!!

This is obviously way too late, but I attended Senior Corporal JD Byas' indepth course on Intermediate Barrier engagements (Dallas SWAT Sniper). I have a large amount of data we generated on the range with Federal 168 SMK and Hornandy TAP 168, and lesson notes if you never received anything for your class. We shot an insane amount of glass, from residential to business. Even brought out bank and aircraft cockpit sections to study. You could always use it to add to future programs, but I imagine you've generated your own by now.

As an interesting side note, Dallas SWAT is so invested in intermediate barrier training that even Entry conducts IBT with their entry weapon systems. JD Byas also assists with Dallas APD's Sniper Programs by giving indepth IBT as a block of instruction for Bruce Fowler's POI. Great instruction. I highly recommend TTPOA's programs, especially in Region 7.

Back