Special Forces Officer career throughout the ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medford

Unverified
So I've done a bunch of research but still can't find decent answers. Can someone possibly explain the job duties and responsibilities of an SF Officer (18A) as they progress through the ranks? And approximately how long they spend in each rank if possible. I'm pretty sure I want to be an SF Officer and this information would be very helpful. Thank ya!

You have not even completed ROTC, you have 8 years minimum before you can even think about SF as a career option as a 1LT(P).
You're absolutely correct, but I believe it would be beneficial to learn as much as I can before I get to that point. no?

You're absolutely correct, but I believe it would be beneficial to learn as much as I can before I get to that point. no?
Hi. Any verified member here who asks you a question has the potential to help you with your goals and objectives; especially the Green Tagged members.

Your best bet would be to simply reply “yes sir” or “no sir” and avoid responding with a question. It makes you appear ungrateful and a bit disrespectful...intended or not.

Is that something new people usually do on here?
If you take time to search the board before asking your very first question, you will find that most new members do post an intro. Especially those seeking experienced insight into the SOF world.

Hi. Any verified member here who asks you a question has the potential to help you with your goals and objectives; especially the Green Tagged members.

Your best bet would be to simply reply “yes sir” or “no sir” and avoid responding with a question. It makes you appear ungrateful and a bit disrespectful...intended or not.

If you take time to search the board before asking your very first question, you will find that most new members do post an intro. Especially those seeking experienced insight into the SOF world.
Roger that, sir.

Would you advise me writing an intro post and then re-stating my question? Thank you for the advice, sir.

You're asking a 100m question when you should be focusing on the 5m questions, and maybe, big maybe, 25m questions.

Write an introduction in the appropriate place on this forum. Then pose more near term questions separately, such as becoming an officer.

I'm going to lock this thread for now. If a green tag would like it opened, I will. If fellow staff disagrees open it back up.

I know the staff shouldn't dogpile on locked threads, but I'm a little irritated a bit of mentorship or guidance didn't occur, but I digress...

@Medford, you don't know what you don't know, but let me elaborate on @x SF med's post:

Your life wants at 18, 22, 25, 30, etc. will change, especially early on. You have a tremendous number of hurdles to overcome to even be considered for SF. Injuries, you might suck at college, you might suck at being an officer, you might get a bad assignment as a PL or BN commander that hates you...sooooo many things can happen between now and when your year group is eligible to apply.

Would you go on a forum for fighter pilots and tell them you want to be a Blue Angel? Maybe you would, but it is a similar thing: so many top-level hurdles to clear before you can even drop your packet...only to be 26th on the depth chart in a year where they took 25.

Life happens. Focus on school and ROTC.

Good luck.

ETA: I'm not just calling out the staff, I'm talking about all of the vetted members in this thread or not. Any one of us could point out the OP has a lot of life ahead of him before he could even apply to SF. 18...the OP could obviously use a little life advice, probably because he's 18. How many of you were idealistic 18 YO's? Exactly.

We take pride in seeing members go from "zero to hero" and then threads like this appear. Slow clap...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back