Study Recommends Marine Recruits Stop Using Sir or Ma'am

No surprise, but the New York Post is sensationalizing the story just a bit.

I did a little reading on this the past few days and the Marine Corps’s take on this consideration is that by answering “yes Drill Instructor“ versus “yes, sir or yes ma’am” Will help new recruits be less gender focused as they hit the fleet.

It is also thought that by making this change, eventually it will be more seamless to have male and female recruits in the same platoon, and be overseen by Drill Instructors of different sexes.

The Corps has been pretty resistant to any type of change in regards to gender assimilation, and from what I’ve read, this is a “long” ways out before anything official ever happened.

As I recall, the Marine Corps Times had a more balanced article on the topic.

Will help new recruits be less gender focused as they hit the fleet.
Less gender focused until they hit the fleet, where literally EVERYTHING is gender/race/sexuality focused.

The timing is too suspect for this to be anything other than part of the continued effort to perpetuate America's new religion.

The timing is too suspect for this to be anything other than part of the continued effort to perpetuate America's new religion.
You’re going to make me do work, but I’ll go back and try to find the article from the Marine Corps times. As I recall, it was not the Corps idea to do this, it was recommended to them by some type of think group.

Less gender focused until they hit the fleet, where literally EVERYTHING is gender/race/sexuality focused.

18-year-old dudes less gender focused??? Bwaaaaaahaaaaa

Yes, sir. Force-fed social engineering that will weaken our armed services and empower our enemies.

Mod edit:

The red text of my being quoted above were added by Gunz to make a point.

Last edited by a moderator:
You’re going to make me do work, but I’ll go back and try to find the article from the Marine Corps times. As I recall, it was not the Corps idea to do this, it was recommended to them by some type of think group.
This is the article I was looking for:

Why the Marine Corps may nix gender identifiers for drill instructors

Relevant quotes:

A new academic report on efforts to integrate Marine Corps boot camp recommends dropping gender-specific salutations for drill instructors, but service leaders are not convinced they want to take that step. <- Link

That’s going to take some effort,” Col. Hall told the committee during its quarterly public meeting Dec. 6 in Arlington, Virginia. “Honestly, that’s not a quick fix. What are inculcating in our young recruits that will or will not be reinforced when they graduate and enter the fleet Marine force? So again, we want to avoid any quick-fix solutions that introduce perturbations down the line.”

Was that "think group" the Secretary of the Navy or the SECDEF? Because if its wasn't, then it was the Corps' idea.

Last edited:
I think the Corps is missing an excellent opportunity to physically develop recruits...how many push ups would one have to do for mis-gendering a Drill Instructor...?

Well…our SDI ordered us to wish one of our ADIs “happy birthday, Sgt Mories” the next time Sgt Mories entered the squadbay. So we did. And Sgt Mories wasn’t amused and made us do mountain climbers “til the end of time.”

So…it would be longer than that.

For fucks sake. Let's not concentrate on becoming warriors but rather, concentrate on being woke fucking shills, pandering to mental illness bullshit.

As my grandfather used to say....

Stop the world, let me off.

As I say...

This is why aliens roll their windows up when they pass earth and why they probe our asses.

Back