Swimming for Recon \ Findlay Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kthom111

Unverified
Good Evening Gents,

I recently got hooked up with a YMCA membership from my recruiters. I'm good to go to ship but I'm waiting to get my recon contract to go or infantry in hopes of being able to volunteer for recon.

Any training advice to maximize my time as much as possible? I am aware of the minimum standards of the screening or so I think. 15min 500m swim (breast stroke), 30min tread, 25m underwater swim, rifle retrieval. Looking to do at least 2-4 hours in the pool a day.

Maybe you could share some old swim PT plans of some sort. I know about the recon prep guide by a former raider but I'm broke and homeless so can't really do that, otherwise I would have already.

I will my own research of course, I just wanted to see if any certified SOF guys would be willing to give some input.

Also, if anyone is in the Findlay Ohio area and would be willing to lend a hand that would be awesome.

V/R,
Thomas

We have numerous threads on this this topic, most recently by @Arf . I'd recommend you search those and tag into one of them with more narrow questions. Use the search function.

Thread closed.

Edited by AML for typos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back