The Coming Gun Grab

JBS

Leatherneck
Verified Military
When I was in North Africa, I used to go to very large Bazaars, where I would watch the "spectacles", a rag-tag impromptu circus on the open streets, where performers would ply their tricks, and coax a few cents out of their audiences. Jugglers, very young acrobats doing barefoot backflips, and the venerable snake charmers handling cobras would run their performances in the open air markets amidst the smell of roasted lamb, camel leather, and freshly squeezed orange juice. The sights and sounds would first give the uninitiated a case of vertigo and then exhaustion.

I wasn't long in country when I learned the truth about the cobra handlers, however. Even though children were coming near the snakes, the cobra handlers had done a number on them to make them safe. They had removed the fangs from the cobra- a process that ultimately rendered them a death sentence since they could no longer eat. They would die in as little as a month from starvation, and be replaced by another young cobra- fangs freshly removed. The replacement cobra was still full of energy to entertain crowds, who had no idea these particular cobras were de-fanged and basically harmless. The handlers used the cobras for personal gain, and then discarded them at the end of their short lives, and replace them with the next generation.

I once got to observe how it was done. The snake handler would approach the cobra from the tail, and first touch it. The cobra would instinctively strike where he felt the touch. The handler would then approach from a different side, and touch. Another strike. This process would occur several times, until the cobra was fatigued, and stopped striking at every touch. Next the handler would do these short strokes on the tail, moving away in anticipation of the strikes, but ultimately lulling the cobra to a state very near sleep. The gentle strokes on the fatigued cobra keep it overwhelmed, but the familiarity of touching seemed to lower its defenses. Finally, when the moment was right, and the cobra was the least responsive, the handler snatched the snake and violently pulled the fangs out with a pair of pliers. In an unceremonious move, the cobra was stripped of the only defense method it ever had, as well as the ability to care for and feed itself.

As I read the news, I realize there has been so much touch and feel and so many false starts, that many of us are being lulled to sleep in just the same way, and as soon as we are fatigued, we are going to be de-fanged just like the cobras.

Appearing on CBS' "60 Minutes" on April 12, Sen. Feinstein, author of the 1994 gun ban signed by Bill Clinton, said that she planned to introduce additional legislation banning firearms, but that she was waiting for an opportune time...

When pressed on whether and when gun bans would appear on Congress' agenda, Feinstein vowed, "I'll pick the time and place. No question about that".
http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/InTheNews.aspx?ID=12349

It's a constant watch, when one thing is happening on one hand you have to watch what is going on with the other hand. There is no doubt that the far left will continue their attempts to void the second amendment. Will we let them?

Great post JBS.

100% agree. and the sad thing is, people think we're a bunch of right-wing nuts clinging to our guns like old southern rebels to their slaves just prior to 1861. it's bullshit. we have a constitutional right, and in my opinion, a civic duty, to own firearms. everyone who says otherwise is, in my opinion, either ignorant (by that I mean ill-informed) or misguided. I don't want to ban guns, register guns, limit guns, or dictate the types of guns I can legally own. I think the only exclusivity on weapon ownership should be mental incapacity or convicted criminal behavior.... I think if you've proved you can't function in society either because you're evil or an asshole, or your batshit crazy, you don't get to own guns. the rest of us will take up defense of our nation. but what do I know..... good post.

JBS - ever thought about writing professionally! Started reading and was puzzled because the story didn't have a single gun in it! Great story by the way!!!

Then BAM, got hit right on the for-head!

Stay vigil, my friends!!!!

Great Post JBS!!!

In the words of the film star Mr. Charlton Heston (rest in peace)

"From my cold, dead hands."

independance.jpg

Amen.

Wasn't exactly my point, but since you asked I guess it went something like this:

With General Tojo in charge of Japan's highest political office, it became clear the Army would lead the Navy into a war about which Yamamoto had serious reservations. He wrote to an ultranationalist;
"Should hostilities once break out between Japan and the US, it is not enough that we take Guam and the Philippines, nor even Hawaii and San Francisco. To make victory certain, we would have to march into Washington and dictate the terms of peace in the White House. I wonder if our politicians.. [who speak so lightly of a Japanese-American war].. have confidence as to the final outcome and are prepared to make the necessary sacrifices."

This quote was spread by the militarists, minus the last sentence, where it was interpreted in America as a boast that Japan would conquer the entire continental United States.

I understand his "awaken a sleeping giant" quote was an encapsulation also...and not "word for word".​

Either way, I do think it's safe to say that it would be the very thing any invader would come to find.;):D

Assuming that their is a rifle behind every blade of grass, which is very certain, it would stand to think that the individual militia (citizens) are very well armed and ready to stand their ground in every means. :cool:

I don't give a fuck if he said it or he didn't, it's the truth. Damn the gunbrabbers. :mad:

B5R, did you know that the chinese symbol for ....;)

Shit, lost in translation. Read between the lines. _| ||

Well, it's probably different in the original Japanese.:doh:

:cool:
Thanks for the history factcheck B5R.
Anyway, Back to JBS' thread..."The Coming Gun Grab"

Wasn't exactly my point, but since you asked I guess it went something like this:

With General Tojo in charge of Japan's highest political office, it became clear the Army would lead the Navy into a war about which Yamamoto had serious reservations. He wrote to an ultranationalist;
"Should hostilities once break out between Japan and the US, it is not enough that we take Guam and the Philippines, nor even Hawaii and San Francisco. To make victory certain, we would have to march into Washington and dictate the terms of peace in the White House. I wonder if our politicians.. [who speak so lightly of a Japanese-American war].. have confidence as to the final outcome and are prepared to make the necessary sacrifices."

This quote was spread by the militarists, minus the last sentence, where it was interpreted in America as a boast that Japan would conquer the entire continental United States.

I understand his "awaken a sleeping giant" quote was an encapsulation also...and not "word for word".​
The quote was clearly meant to warn that America would not give up and allow Japan to take East Asia.
Japan had no ambition to invade the mainland US.
Many Japanese warmongers believed that if they gave the US a bloody nose, that we woul not fight for Asia and the pacific.
Many realists who urged against war with the US warned that the US would fight to the end, and simply driving us away would only delay our return.

So, because it was never in writing that makes it a falsehoood ???

Ever think that maybe somebody heard him say it and repeated it ??? :uhh:

I wonder about you sometimes, or at least all the time. :rolleyes:
So why let facts get in the way?
:D
I support the 2nd Amendment.
I believe there is some truth to the quote attributed to Yamamoto.

But there's no proof he ever said it and researchers who have tried to find it (even from someone who may have overheard it) have not been able to.

Ronald Reagan once said...
"The Republican Party requires the blood of babies to honor its pact with Satan."
I will continue to repeat this quote in mass emails until it catches on and is repeated enough that it is presumed to be true.
That it is not in writing anywhere, or able to be properly sourced, and won't be able to be traced back until years after his death... does not make it a falsehood... right? }:-)

So why let facts get in the way?
:D
I support the 2nd Amendment.
I believe there is some truth to the quote attributed to Yamamoto.

But there's no proof he ever said it and researchers who have tried to find it (even from someone who may have overheard it) have not been able to.

Ronald Reagan once said...
"The Republican Party requires the blood of babies to honor its pact with Satan."
I will continue to repeat this quote in mass emails until it catches on and is repeated enough that it is presumed to be true.
That it is not in writing anywhere, or able to be properly sourced, and won't be able to be traced back until years after his death... does not make it a falsehood... right? }:-)

Hey, I'm just sayin ! }:-)

Japan had no ambition to invade the mainland US.

And you know this how...? (since it doesn't look like you will let us get back on JBS' thread)
:uhh:

And FWIW, I posted it cuz it was a chick with a gun, not for the quote, exactly. I'm kinda simple that way.
Sorry, JBS. I Didn't know it was gonna start this same-o-same-o.

Back