Things possibly heating up soon for Iran

JoesPizza11B

Verified Military
Last edited by a moderator:
Israel would have went in 2007 if it could have accomplished the mission. With fewer US assets in the region it will be even harder today. Attacking Iran will require a whole lot more that it did bombing Syria's nuclear reactor. Actually, Israel doesn't have the resources to launch the kind of campaign required to drastically reduce Iran's nuclear program even if they have the intel on all the sites.

There is no support in the US to be involved in any more fighting in the region. Outside of invading Iran what are you going to accomplish? Nothing more than just delaying the inevitable. Unintended consequences of Israel launching a campaign against Iran would probably be great and I would direct everyone attention to Lebanon. I know some people will say the other nations in the region hate Iran and that maybe true but they hate Israel more and even if that is not the case with the Arab spring still an issue every Muslim country in the region will side with Iran against Israel.

Iran will be treated much like North Korea was when they went nuclear and that is a lot of talk until they explode a nuclear devise and then we will stop talking about how unacceptable it is.

But wait. Didn't Iran just elect a moderate? All kidding aside, it will happen. We all know it has been brewing for years, and will most likely be us, Israel, the UK, and Australia doing the heavy lifting.

I hate that we have been at war for so long, and that so many have had to pay the ultimate sacrifice. Particularly for those who don't always appreciate the effort expended on their behalf. But I do believe Iran will push us to the point that we are forced into it, sanctions be damned. I hope we are done with the current war before that happens.

Israel won't attack Iran beyound a surgical strike without the US in support. Iran won't openly attack Israel as long as the US is still claiming to support Israel. However, Iran will continue their proxi-war through HZ on Israel.

In other words yeah Israel might do a strike on Iran but I doubt they will go to actual war without the US. Meanwhile Israel will continue to be attacked by Iran through its proxi-networks.

We missed a huge chance at making some real change in the ME when we failed to support the green movement.

At this point the Iranian population is not going to be very supportive of our involvement in any further changes to their country. We failed them 5 years ago and have since economically ruined not only the government but the population as well.

I see Russian influance being the next power in the ME. 60-70s all over again IMHO.

But wait. Didn't Iran just elect a moderate? All kidding aside, it will happen. We all know it has been brewing for years, and will most likely be us, Israel, the UK, and Australia doing the heavy lifting.

I hate that we have been at war for so long, and that so many have had to pay the ultimate sacrifice. Particularly for those who don't always appreciate the effort expended on their behalf. But I do believe Iran will push us to the point that we are forced into it, sanctions be damned. I hope we are done with the current war before that happens.

Australia?

Personally, I think the US would be hard pressed to get any ally on side for a war with Iran. Apart from Israel of course but that opens a whole other can of worms.

I think now that we are almost "completely" out of Afganistan; if we continue to keep a majority Conservative gov't, Canada would be part of any action. Our gov't has been very vocal about support for Isreal.

I think now that we are almost "completely" out of Afganistan; if we continue to keep a majority Conservative gov't, Canada would be part of any action. Our gov't has been very vocal about support for Isreal.

Interesting.

I find it interesting that North America is so supportive of Israel and Europe is so anti.

I think it's because there's such a large expat Isreali population here.

and every GOP and a large percentage of Democratic congressman make a pilgrimage at some point in their legislative careers to Israeli that is fully funded by some American "friends" of Israel type lobbying group.

and every GOP and a large percentage of Democratic congressman make a pilgrimage at some point in their legislative careers to Israeli that is fully funded by some American "friends" of Israel type lobbying group.

Thank fuck. Otherwise every Jew in Israel would be slaughtered.
I hate European antisemitism.

European antisemitism?

Not agreeing with the actions of Israel's government, doesn't equal antisemitism.

European antisemitism?

Not agreeing with the actions of Israel's government, doesn't equal antisemitism.

Yeah, that maybe true. But there is a lot of antisemitism in Europe, always has been. Disagreeing with the Israeli govt is anyone's right of course, I just see it as undermining Israel's security and pushing them closer to being wiped out, which is their enemy's stated goal after all.

Disagreeing with the Israeli govt is anyone's right of course, I just see it as undermining Israel's security and pushing them closer to being wiped out, which is their enemy's stated goal after all.
Are you saying that people who disagree with the actions of the Israeli government are enemies of Israel?

Back