Top Gun - Maverick - ** SPOILER THREAD **

Looking forward to it but need to wait until next week or next weekend. One of my sons who wants to go works for our local AAA baseball team and they have a home stretch through Sunday.

Although I'm going to spew some thoughts down. If you're reading this and you haven't seen it don't say this thread doesn't say it's got spoilers...

First, the things I didn't like.
-Some of the lines were a bit on the nose. "Talk to me dad" while Mav is saying "talk to me Goose" was just a bit too much for me and some of the other nostalgia lines seemed shoehorned in.
-At the bar scene some more pilots come in and they address them by callsign but other than one guy, Yale, you never see them again. I thought they were part of the selection group? They can't have been that bad.
-Pulling 10g+ in the Hornet will make you not popular with...anyone.

Neutral:
-Other technical details I raised my eyebrows at but didn't have an impact on my enjoyment.

Liked:
-TOMCAT!
-The modern day recreation of the opening scene and credits with the same music. I was a bit concerned they'd do this but with a cover but they didn't and it actually worked.
-The CGI was excellent.
-TOMCAT!
-They made a lot of effort to get the details of the TOMCAT! radar and worked in the 800000 circuit breakers into it too. The startup checklist was good as well.
-Darkstar was SWEET. That was very very cool.
-The SU57s were modeled well. The pilots took their sweet time putting their nose on target though. I was sitting there thinking PULL when they were nose low on the TOMCAT! during that end bit.
-I mean, Jennifer Connolly.
-Gaga's song fit in well in the end. I was curious where they were going to put it and use it.
-More story than the last one.
-Aeroplanes.
-A Hind.
-My boss is going to hate me replying to questions with "that's one of life's mysteries" to any insignificant question.

There was absolutely cgi. There are no flying F-14’s outside of Iran, and I don’t think they got SU_57’s and SAMs
Should’ve been more clear, I guess I meant to say that the Jet scenes we’re not CGI. I’m bummed to read that about the F 14.

Should’ve been more clear, I guess I meant to say that the Jet scenes we’re not CGI. I’m bummed to read that about the F 14.

Yeah I think they spliced the footage of Maverick nearly killing himself and his students together, ha!

I did a head tally and I'm sure he did somewhere upwards of a billion dollars worth of damage to aircraft in the movie.

Back