Une badasse and a job well done

Frank S.

L'homme qui rit
Brit GI Jane: Female sergeant kills at least three jihadis in clash near Syrian border

It is understood that the incident happened in September after a secret meeting near the Syrian-Iraqi border.
The SRR is the only special forces unit which lets women serve in its ranks.
It has seen action in Afghanistan, Iraq and Northern Ireland.
After the meeting ended, the team withdrew to a rendezvous point. But they were ambushed as they passed through an urban area which had recently been vacated by ISIS. The troops got out of their vehicles and returned fire using automatic weapons and grenade launchers.
The female sergeant was equipped with a Heckler & Koch MP5K, a small submachine gun designed for close quarter battle.

As the unit waited for air support, several terrorists tried to rush the vehicle where the female soldier was guarding her colleagues.
One source said: “The female soldier opened fire with her MP5K and killed several terrorists.

“Every time a terrorist appeared she dropped them – and gave a running commentary to her colleagues so that they had an idea of what was happening to their rear.
"She took down at least three terrorists who were very close to over-running her position. She reacted in the way the special forces are trained to do when they are involved in close quarter battle."

Bravo Zulu to her...but I'm not at all surprised that a well-trained female soldier in an SRR unit could steady-on and kill bad guys. There are women members of Shadowspear whom I have no doubt could gun down jihadists...or have. It's news only because it's fairly unusual for female soldiers to be in lethal CQ gunfights...for now. That will change and I'm glad of it. I'm happy with anybody who wants to become proficient at killing our enemies. There's plenty of them to go around and why should men have all the fun.

When equality really exists, stories won't be written just because the protagonist is a female.

I'm not saying this isn't true but the Daily Star reporting should be taken with a grain of salt. I've read many things regarding the military in their pages that I know to be utter bullshit.

Back