US/Canadian Couple Held By Haqqani Network Freed Through "Negotiated Release"

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
American Caitlan Coleman, family freed from Afghanistan captors

An American woman, her Canadian husband and their three young children -- who had been held captive since 2012 by the Taliban-affiliated Haqqani network -- were freed in a "negotiated release," an official told Fox News on Thursday.

1) glad they're free

2) STOP "HIKING" THROUGH UNSAFE PARTS OF THE WORLD

3) F- the Haqqani Network and their masters

But what did we give them? Or rather, what did the Canadians give them?

Apparently nothing was given in exchange, it was due to new pressure put on Pakistan to play ball or the money taps stop flowing. With that said, A LOT of time and resources went into tracking these morons over the years. Besides the fact that he's a convert and former husband of one of the Khadr sister's; yes the same Gitmo Khadr. He's now refusing to board the C-130 in fear of being sent to Gitmo for his past. We should just leave them there.

I can't wait to see what kind of "heroes welcome" our idiot Prime Minister gives them and how much of my tax dollars will go to them.

Apparently nothing was given in exchange, it was due to new pressure put on Pakistan to play ball or the money taps stop flowing. With that said, A LOT of time and resources went into tracking these morons over the years. Besides the fact that he's a convert and former husband of one of the Khadr sister's; yes the same Gitmo Khadr. He's now refusing to board the C-130 in fear of being sent to Gitmo for his past. We should just leave them there.

I can't wait to see what kind of "heroes welcome" our idiot Prime Minister gives them and how much of my tax dollars will go to them.

I would not trust that 'nothing was given.' I don't think HQN gives anything for nothing - much less hostages. More likely there's an attempt to keep this settlement quiet given the blowback from SSG Bergdahl's release negotiation.

I would not trust that 'nothing was given.' I don't think HQN gives anything for nothing - much less hostages. More likely there's an attempt to keep this settlement quiet given the blowback from SSG Bergdahl's release negotiation.

I agree completely. Someone paid something for the HQN to give these two up. They held one of our soldiers for five years and all the pressure in the world didn't budge them until we bought them off. These two nobodies weren't going to motivate anyone to go to bat on their behalf.

It looks more and more to me like he tried to join the cause and got rolled up instead.

Interesting. This article indicates that it really was some kind of a rescue, heavily supported by the US.

The article also mentions that the man rescued refused to get on an American C-130 to take him to Bagram and then on home to Canada, citing "philosophical opposition" to going to Bagram (according to his father).

-Held captive for five years by the Taliban after "hiking" a province near the AFG-PAK border.
-Freed in direct-action mission by PAK (and maybe US) forces.
-Refuses to get on an American aircraft to take him to an American base and then back home to Canada.
-And oh yeah, was married to the sister (and daughter) of a known terrorist.

This dude sounds dirty as hell. I wonder if he didn't want to get on that airplane because he knew he'd done a bunch of stuff that was about to get him rolled up by the Americans.

This dude sounds dirty as hell. I wonder if he didn't want to get on that airplane because he knew he'd done a bunch of stuff that was about to get him rolled up by the Americans.

If he walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... He's probably guilty.

Who the hell goes hiking in that part of the world?

I agree completely. Someone paid something for the HQN to give these two up. They held one of our soldiers for five years and all the pressure in the world didn't budge them until we bought them off. These two nobodies weren't going to motivate anyone to go to bat on their behalf.

It looks more and more to me like he tried to join the cause and got rolled up instead.

Yeah, I'm always really skeptical of these 'backpackers' who travel to Iran, Iraq, Syria, the FATA, DPRK. Still, nobody ever lost money betting on stupid so no way to be sure.

That dude can eat a bag of dicks. I hope Bergdahl's former boyfriend spent quality time with this oxygen thief. I hope US forces weren't involved, we shouldn't put our guys out there to "help" a probable TB sympathizer who got cold feet or whatever. To channel my inner angry Yoda, off he can fuck, hmmmm.

Back