USASC or SFSC LVL I?

nolmorton08

Army Special Forces
Verified SOF
Gents,

Question about USASC (Big Army Sniper School) for those who have attended or have been instructors. I've already completed the 6 week SFSC LVL 2 course at 7th Group, I was slotted for LVL I originally but due to COVID, my slot was cut, I had a great time in LVL 2 and I was pushing for LVL I but the slots are slim right now. Anyway, a USASC slot just came down the pipe and I'm trying to get some opinions if the school is worth going to or if I am better off waiting for a LVL 1 slot to open up. Basically, is there anything that I would learn from USASC, that I wouldn't have learned during LVL 2?

Someone may chime in with a better answer, but my dive buddy at CDQC was a Sniper instructor at benning before SF. He also attended SFSC II during his instructor time there. From what he told me SFSC II and big Army Sniper were equivalent as far as POI goes.

I'm going to lock this until @x SF med decides to open it back up for discussion.

I'm probably being over cautious, but this feels like it rubs the bounds of OPSEC on an open forum. Again, I may be wrong, and other staff may open it back up.

Someone may chime in with a better answer, but my dive buddy at CDQC was a Sniper instructor at benning before SF. He also attended SFSC II during his instructor time there. From what he told me SFSC II and big Army Sniper were equivalent as far as POI goes.
Thanks for the info DZ, that makes my decision easier, I'd rather wait for a LVL 1 slot to open up anyway, but if the POI is equivalent then sounds like I may be wasting my time if i went to USASC. Although could be a nice NCOER bullet.

I would definitely try and get more info, as I'm giving you second hand knowledge. Albeit from a good source, it's still second hand.

If you're looking to kill 6 weeks at a school for a good NCOER bullet.. there's always CDQC. Haha

I would definitely try and get more info, as I'm giving you second hand knowledge. Albeit from a good source, it's still second hand.

If you're looking to kill 6 weeks at a school for a good NCOER bullet.. there's always CDQC. Haha
Haha and pull me of a mountain team!? I'd rather ski Vail.

Back