USSF 18x (Potential Candidate)

r.nitrogen

Unverified
I have done a sizeable amount of research into USSOCOM units that would allow me to both utilize the skills I currently possess (BS in ComSci from University of San Diego, MS in Information Security and Pentesting from UT-Austin, fluent in three languages and in above-average physical condition) and would allow me to gain new skills in my fields of interest. I also am drawn in by the motto De Opresso Liber, and having grown up in a minority Arab-Catholic community in the U.S. that specific phrase resonates through my very existence like a drum beat that explodes to the surface whenever I think about the shit my people had to go through at the hands of Islamic terrorism, civil war and third-party meddling. Certainly, I would say Syria and I*****, as well as Iran, are certainly oppressing many Arab and Phoenician communities in the Levant and I hope to one day help freedom fighters from said area, or a facsimile of such peoples.

I can do 90 pushups in two minutes, 85 sit-ups in two minutes, and I can run two miles in <13 minutes. As an aside, I can do 18 pull-ups in a row, can bench 265 5x (6'0, 178 lbs), I swim and bike regularly and I have a 33" vertical leap with a 5:54 personal-best mile time. I understand that despite those numbers being great for the civilian world, I would not cut it in SF. I'm looking to get the PU and SU numbers to over 100, and get the two mile run to under 12 minutes if possible.

Keep training, but be smart and don't injure yourself.

I would start doing some rucking. Nothing too crazy, you'll get that when you join, but enough to get accustomed to wearing a ruck.

Good luck.

Back