Washington Navy Yard shooting: Active shooter sought in D.C.

Jay

FISTer
Verified Military
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/09/washington-navy-yard-shooting-injures-several-people-94074.html

An active shooter is being sought on the grounds of the Washington Navy Yard in Southeast Washington, officials say.

Continue reading

Confirmation of the search for a shooter came just after 8:30 a.m. from Metropolitan Police Department officials.

Further confirmation was tweeted by the United States Navy a short time later.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...jures-several-people-94074.html#ixzz2f3jxinkR
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Update

Shooter has shot 1 person(not sure on persons condition) he's in a building on the 4th floor. He's using a "large shotgun". Will update as I get more information.

Two victims confirmed. 11th street bridge is now a triage center. status of victims will not be confirmed according to local PD. More ambulances rolling in. Several agencies on scene including local PD, US Marshall's, and FBI HRT. Not sure who has jurisdiction, according to Fox they said snipers are running down the street and getting set up. Several SWAT trucks and ambulances have pulled in and 3 confirmed shots fired from gunman.

Nothing known about the shooter and as of right now he is on the loose.

Reports of two officers down. Five to six people have been shot. No word on their condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy has apparently barricaded himself in, not sure if he has hostages or not.

Unconfirmed reports that the shooter is down and in custody. 10 or more injured. Some dead. RIP to the fallen.

Correction: shooter is NOT in custody, just isolated and away from civilians

Just heard on the radio two different types of rounds have been used. Possibility of two shooters.

HRT is clearing the building in conjunction with other SWAT teams. A helicopter has dropped SWAT on the roof.

Fox confirms two gunman. One still barricaded the other is unknown

Feds reporting primary shooter dead.

Prayers out to the fallen, and I hope Satan eats the hearts of the shooters.
But, one question... Are Gibbs and Ziva on scene to fix this?

NCIS is on scene apparently. I did see a tac'd out marine sprinting down a side walk? Maybe?

Presidents speech is delayed. Hopefully there's only one shooter and this dickhead is dead.

Same team that pulled the Boston bomber out of the boat is the team on the hunt for the second shooter. Get 'em HRT!!

Chief of Naval Operations and family have been evacuated from his home.

Also now 6 dead.

Current press conference from DC Chief of Police saying 2 other shooters in military uniforms. Nothing to believe they are military but are definitely in uniformed and armed with a long gun and other a pistol.

RIP to the dead. I hope a speedy recovery for the wounded.

Thoughts and prayers all around.

Thumbs up to the LE community for their response.

RIP to the fallen, speedy recovery to the wounded. May God guide and protect the officers tracking down the POS. hopefully no one else will be hurt.

Rot in hell to the dead POS.

RIP.

I read that there's a possibility of two other people being involved. If that's the case, I hope they 'find' them soon...

Holy shit! What the hell is happening?

Is there a gun battle or something? The body count just doubled in an hour!

I think people are dying at the hospital. I know a woman was shot in the head and was still alive and had been life flighted to the hospital. There have been several that were critical. I know they're still looking for the two other suspects and the one gunman is dead. Not sure how. I hope HRT or SWAT dropped him and he didn't turn the gun on himself...but I'm not sure.

Back