Why delay the inevitable?

thewannavee

Verified Military
I am a active duty Marine on Miramar, waiting to receive orders to BRPC. I have been looking around on these forums for quite some time just soaking up knowledge while I can, but why delay the inevitable? I FINALLY created an account to actually have a voice and search for others training in the area for MARSOC billets/Reconnaissance. I am very humble in my endeavors and I do not quit easy. I have no problem taking the advice of others either, even if its outdated. I am no pt stud and quite obviously I am NOT infantry. Fortunately for Corporal Thewannavee, things can change with hard work and perseverance. I participated in OEF 14.2 with HMH-466, and since then, I have been looking to make a move to the Dark Side. Happy to be a part of this community and make some connections.

Welcome.

Swim, Fin, Run - know your Infantry Common Tasks intimately. LAND NAV!!! - join an orienteering group and beg Infantry Marines to help you get good at navigation. Don't run with a ruck until you have to, but wear one as much as you can to train yourself to ignore it and work around it.

Drive on, and good luck.

Thank you Sir,

I will brush up on my basic patrolling skills, luckily I have a common skills handbook. Do you know much information pertaining to BRPC specifically? I can not seem to find details on it. I'll also note that I did start a thread regarding the subject.

Thank you Sir,

I will brush up on my basic patrolling skills, luckily I have a common skills handbook. Do you know much information pertaining to BRPC specifically? I can not seem to find details on it. I'll also note that I did start a thread regarding the subject.

Dude, you are a JR NCO... Confidence, Competence, Credibility, Determination... have you looked on leatherneck.com, the recon sites, or checked with your lat move liason? Be resourceful, diligent, persuasive and tenacious. Get it done...

Welcome to the site. I work on Point Loma and drive by Miramar twice a day. It is wonderful to see all of the aircraft flying overhead. Try your best and never quit.

Welcome Marine! Initiative is key here, I wish you the best in your future goals and objectives!

Back