“Disband the Cops” thread

BlackSmokeRisinG

CMB
Verified Military
YouTube video has been taken down
The video I posed was shot at nightime, several cut scenes from around the same area: a bunch of "protesters" dragging barriers away from what looks like City Hall, and a line of police defending against the mob, several people telling the black police officers they should quit and their white counterparts would kill them if they weren't wearing the uniform etc..

Kraut783

SOF Support

RustyShackleford

Ranger
Verified SOF
Of course they’ll blame the virus. Defense attorneys across the country have successfully lobbied to have their defendants under the guise of preventing an outbreak in jails. In other words, they hit the streets and violate the conditions of their release by committing another crime. We’ve hooked up more than a few guys because of this.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
Like him or lump him, Grossman has really perpetuated the whole us vs them, warrior mentality with LE. I am not sure where I stand on it; a lot of cops I know are uncomfortable with the label.
His "sheep, sheepdog, wolf" thing sounds great, but it became a means of denigrating members of society while elevating others. It became a social perception instead of an analogy for what amounts to a division of labor. I remember how people who blindly followed others were lemmings, but now they are sheep. That can't be a coincidence.

I partially blame how we put veterans on an impossibly high pedestal because it perpetuated, and some revel in it, the sheep/ sheepdog social distinction. While I'm conservative, my fellow conservatives did this. Liberals aren't talking about sheep or sheepdogs...at least not in large numbers. Anecdotally, I don't know of a single left-leaning person to say they are a sheepdog.

Locksteady

Unverified
Liberals aren't talking about sheep or sheepdogs...at least not in large numbers. Anecdotally, I don't know of a single left-leaning person to say they are a sheepdog.
They're more prone to call them another kind of livestock.