“Disband the Cops” thread

Kaldak

Wheelchair Kamikaze
Those two people are the direction this country is moving. As non-gun households are becoming fearful they are purchasing weapons. Just wait till the police have even lower morale and stop coming out for most calls.
I hope we don't end up there. That's a bad picture.

racing_kitty

Sister Mary Hellfire
Verified Military
The first pic is the gate that the protestors breached. The second pic is the sign further in their property that states “Private property. No trespassing” in rather large, ornate letters (Street is a misnomer, as it’s really a huge driveway).

With Missouri being a “castle doctrine” state, these folks can easily mount a defense based on that. However, I can’t guarantee that they’ll make their savings throw vs penalty-for-poor-training.

2DDF7D95-8C91-46AD-BC7C-CB7CD8D91DA4.jpegC7DA3152-5AC3-4663-BDDB-8F541AB0E7E3.jpeg

racing_kitty

Sister Mary Hellfire
Verified Military
View attachment 34643
So how do we know he has zero training?

I'd go Bersa for 380 Alex.

She scares me more then he does. By scare, I mean appears clueless.
Holding his weapon like that? I’d wager that the difference in amount of training rounds between the two would be minuscule. He may be a better shot, but I’d trust neither one with an Airsoft rifle.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
Oh boy, strong work in LA with this proposal.

Los Angeles proposes slashing law enforcement budget, including elimination of Special Victims Bureau

The CEO's proposed budget, as per the LASD, recommends the following LASD units be eliminated:

• Safe Streets Bureau (Gang Enforcement)
• Parks Bureau
• Special Victims Bureau (Sexual/Physical Abuse of Children, Rape, Human Trafficking)
• Community Partnership Bureau (COPS Team)
• Fraud and Cybercrimes Bureau
• Major Crimes Bureau
#MeToo, alive and well in LA...

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
Rioters, pretending to be protesters, surround law enforcement in vehicle. Law Enforcement make the only decision there is and exfil via vehicle. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

The first pic is the gate that the protestors breached. The second pic is the sign further in their property that states “Private property. No trespassing” in rather large, ornate letters (Street is a misnomer, as it’s really a huge driveway).

With Missouri being a “castle doctrine” state, these folks can easily mount a defense based on that. However, I can’t guarantee that they’ll make their savings throw vs penalty-for-poor-training.

View attachment 34653View attachment 34654
I would hazard that this historic gate gets a 10 foot high concrete wall put in behind it at the next HOA meeting.

Jackflerp

Unverified
LA had 258 murders in 2018... I don't know how they expect to solve a crime problem by dismantling the only organization prepared to fight crime. I'm a fan of putting social workers, psychologists, and other community resources WITH police, but not INSTEAD OF police. How often do police come into a non-violent scene that turns violent before the whole thing is over? My guess is often enough to easily warrant being armed all of the time. Rayshard Brooks was respectful and non-violent until he wasn't. Not sure how a psychologist would handle that kind of situation. People don't like getting arrested, and non-violent crimes are still crimes and still require a punishment.