Corona Virus (Thanks China)

Florida173

SOF Support
An interesting COVID-19 research released over the weekend. Three peer reviewed studies and two other studies that have yet to be peer reviewed. Your blood type has a profound affect on your outcome with COVID-19. O type blood appears to be all but immune while A type blood seems to be highly vulnerable

Genetic study suggests that people’s blood type may affect their COVID-19 risk
Last week, a genetic study of more than 1,610 COVID-19 patients in Italy and Spain found that people with type A blood had a higher chance of developing severe respiratory failure than people with type O blood (medRxiv 2020, DOI: 10.1101/2020.05.31.20114991). The findings add support to an idea that has been developing since early in the global pandemic, that type O blood is somehow protective against the disease, while type A may make people more vulnerable.

The specific mechanisms look like this: Covid replicates in person 1 who is blood type X. Type A people produce antigens to B type blood, B type people produce antigens to A type blood, O type people produce antigens to both A and B. Since Novel Corona Virus acquires the antigen of it's host, it can not bind to Os unless the carrier is an O. Also one of the most severe underlying issues in COVID-19 is blood clotting which causes most of the ICU cases, and O type has the least active clotting mechanisms O's seem to be affected far less severely.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
An interesting COVID-19 research released over the weekend. Three peer reviewed studies and two other studies that have yet to be peer reviewed. Your blood type has a profound affect on your outcome with COVID-19. O type blood appears to be all but immune while A type blood seems to be highly vulnerable
Sweet. I'm fucked if I get this. Good news is, there will be an open Admin slot on SS!

AWP

Administrator
My sister-in-law works in a doctor's office. She's one of four to catch CV-19. Because my mother-in-law is a goddamn emotional rabbit hole my wife could barely get any information out of her about the SIL.

AWP

Administrator
If CV-19 is deadly and NY's leadership forced CV-19 positive people into nursing homes, homes that saw numerous casualties, then why shouldn't NY's leadership be charged with manslaughter? If the disease is deadly and you're screaming it's deadly, but you put healthy people with sick people...didn't you just murder the healthy ones? If police are to be held responsible for their actions, shouldn't elected officials?

Dame

If CV-19 is deadly and NY's leadership forced CV-19 positive people into nursing homes, homes that saw numerous casualties, then why shouldn't NY's leadership be charged with manslaughter? If the disease is deadly and you're screaming it's deadly, but you put healthy people with sick people...didn't you just murder the healthy ones? If police are to be held responsible for their actions, shouldn't elected officials?
Well that's just crazy talk. Next you're going to say that the CDC should be held responsible for infecting people. Just because they did. Geeze.
Feds Confirms CDC Deployed Tainted Tests with Coronavirus - Business Game Changers with Sarah Westall
C.D.C. Labs Were Contaminated, Delaying Coronavirus Testing, Officials Say