• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

MH-X3

mike_cos

Folgore
Verified Military
I'm sorry if someone already post this... but this seems to be the secret helo involved in Abbottabad crash...According to the Army Times, the helicopter used by the Navy Seal commandos should be a special version of the Blackhawk, code-named "Airwolf. " entities to amend another secret of the U.S. Army. This is the 'Technical Application Programs Office, the department that provides technical assistance to the Navy Seals

dknob

Ranger
Verified SOF
This is a little too much OPSEC for me. Especially since I have never heard/seen of this thing before.
Army Times.. tsk tsk tsk.

Florida173

SOF Support
It couldn't have been all that stealth and quiet... There was a local blogging about the rotary wing aircraft coming in for the op.

dknob

Ranger
Verified SOF
Im just tsking :)

Although Army Times is a very unofficial type of media, people can confuse it with official Government sponsorship in their stories and information put out.

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
That first photo was made up on MilPhotos as a possible contender IIRC and it's not actually a confirmed design or anything. There's actually quite an interesting thread about it over there if anyone is interested.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Im just tsking :)

Although Army Times is a very unofficial type of media, people can confuse it with official Government sponsorship in their stories and information put out.
Yep; remember when the Army Times ran an article that it was time for Rumsfeld to go? That somehow got turned into, the "Army" wants Rumsfeld out... :-|:thumbsdown: