Open Mic Thread

GOTWA

Half Faceless Man
Verified Military
The only thing that draws me in initially is the stock 35s. You can fit 40s real easy with some minor cutting. ;)

n Awe of Y'all

Unverified
Been missing my Shadowspear Forum reading.

The past couple of weeks I've been semi-relocating (new job). Paid more than I wanted to for a hotel until vacationers left the campgrounds over the July 4th week. Several hotels to choose from, well really only 1. On the lake's around the area fireworks have been routine for the past 3 or 4 weeks. We fish late in the day on the weekends till we've had enough. It's cool watching the jets and fireworks. Really nice running down the lake at night. Anyway, the evening before I checked out of the 1 decent place to stay within 45 minutes of driving to the job site. pow-pow-pow-pow...pow-pow. I jumped up and opened my room door along with about the entire side of occupied rooms. All of us were like, "that wasn't fireworks".
The area where the campground is has real shitty cell signal. Gotta drive 2 miles 1 way or 5 the other to even text. Just been working and sleeping. Can't have phones while working so I'm getting caught up.
Very entertaining and informative. Thanks to all of Y'all

Ooh-Rah

Marine
Phone rang today and it was a number i did not recognize. I answered the phone “mushi-mushi” (some of you know) and after the briefest of pauses, I got a recorded Japanese telemarking ad for what I can only guess was my extended warranty on my car.

I have to admit, I was actually pretty impressed that they are set up to give you their pitch in the language in which you answered the phone.

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
Glad this place exists, another forum I frequent focused around a sport I compete in has a "general discussion". It's crazy. These idiots out there are comparing the Federal Law Enforcement in Portland to the Sturmabteilung. Or going so far as conspiracies saying the POTUS deputized private contractors.

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
Glad this place exists, another forum I frequent focused around a sport I compete in has a "general discussion". It's crazy. These idiots out there are comparing the Federal Law Enforcement in Portland to the Sturmabteilung. Or going so far as conspiracies saying the POTUS deputized private contractors.
1) If everyone is a Nazi, no one is a Nazi.
2) I'd prefer to be Sicherheitsdienst. If you're going to brand me as a Nazi, at least give me a cool looking uniform.
3) Private contractors? Ha! Shades of Russian little green men and the guys we schwacked in Syria. I'm sure there's no relation...

Ooh-Rah

Marine
I’m glad to see you write this because I cannot agree any harder with your statement.

God knows “we” have our challenges here when it comes to finding balance on some topics, but at least we try. A member can feel safe posting an opinion contrary to 90% of the board and know that the staff will (for the most part) prevent a dog pile.

That’s just not the way it is on most of the internet; to include the only other site I post in. I don’t exaggerate when I say it is a collection of some of the most knowledge group of experts of just about anything, to include firearms...but have an opinion different that the hive? They’ll make your life hell, usually led by the forum owner.

ShadowSpear may have its challenges, but overall it is a pretty special part of the internet and the reason I voluntarily pay a $25 membership fee via automatic donations.

Dame

Phone rang today and it was a number i did not recognize. I answered the phone “mushi-mushi” (some of you know) and after the briefest of pauses, I got a recorded Japanese telemarking ad for what I can only guess was my extended warranty on my car.

I have to admit, I was actually pretty impressed that they are set up to give you their pitch in the language in which you answered the phone.
After my mom has had a glass of wine (or two) she answers the phone "Rosie's Bar and Grill. How can I serve you?"

She'll be 80 in December. Never wonder where I get it from.