Open Mic Thread

BlackSmokeRisinG

CMB
Verified Military
Do we have a national debt thread? I've searched "national debt" but there's nothing specific.

$26,564,619,8##,### as of 08:44 zulu 26 July 2020. By the time I type this its another $ million $ at least...

Stretcher Jockey

Verified Military
We lost another of The Greatest Generation this past week. My wife's grandfather, Richard Barnes, was in the Navy during WWII. Was an electrician who was assigned to the USS Longshaw during the Pacific Campaign. He was re-assigned as a gunner on May 18th, 1945 when it ran aground and was subsequently destroyed by Japanese batteries. A quiet and honorable man. Rest in Peace, Dick. You will be missed. It seems like we could use some more of your compassion and hardworking nature these days.

USS Longshaw (DD-559) - Wikipedia

BlackSmokeRisinG

CMB
Verified Military
A shit show. What was once a semi-prosperous yet segregated country of Rhodesia, after the new government rose up and kicked the racist white land owners out, the state parceled out the farmland to unskilled farmers, and the country became worse off than it was under segregation.

Seems like a plot to get skilled management back so they can become prosperous again. Not sure how many of the white farmers would have stuck around after all those years, but who knows.

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
They're not going to see that money. From what I heard most of the people that could leave left in the 90's and 00's, those still there are trapped or too proud to leave. There are clips of the tent squatter camps that the poorer white Rhodesian's were forced into.

The Rhodie's got sold out by Marxists in their govt and now supposedly China is the big player in town there. Which is fucked considering how productive that piece of territory was.