Open Mic Thread

SaintKP

You mean as in, enunciate things? Really, I actually have to ask instead of cryptic messages?

Maybe it's just me, but I figured more tact would be appropriate in a situation where a long standing politician who fought consistently for equality and equity passed away instead of in essence saying thank God she's dead.

I never really put RGB on the same level as enemies of the state (Bin Laden, Soleimani), but I forgot its 2020 and fuck anyone who disagrees with me politically so you do you man.

The Quartermaster

Verified Military
Maybe it's just me, but I figured more tact would be appropriate in a situation where a long standing politician who fought consistently for equality and equity passed away instead of in essence saying thank God she's dead.

I never really put RGB on the same level as enemies of the state (Bin Laden, Soleimani), but I forgot its 2020 and fuck anyone who disagrees with me politically so you do you man.
They did the same things when both Brietbart and Koch passed. Even Scalia. So if you want to start pointing fingers, start with the other side that made these lines where they are today.

Taking the high road has got us to where we are right now, because taking advantage of that was a weakness that they knew how to exploit IMO.

R.Caerbannog

Verified Military
She was barely hanging on for a couple of years....
all it took was the god emperor of Dune, Leto II, to cut the flow of spice from the universe and her fate was sealed.

She should've retired 4 years ago. I don't know why she stayed on the bench.
You mean as in, enunciate things? Really, I actually have to ask instead of cryptic messages?
To the liberal left, RBG morphed into a living cultural icon. Think of it like when the hippies lost John Lennon or Che Guevara. Right now there is an outpouring of emotion and a mad scramble to pick up the pieces.
The liberal left/far left right now.
2 scoops, 2 terms, 2-3 supreme court justice picks. :D

Last edited:

Cookie_

SOF Support
They did the same things when both Brietbart and Koch passed. Even Scalia. So if you want to start pointing fingers, start with the other side that made these lines where they are today.

Taking the high road has got us to where we are right now, because taking advantage of that was a weakness that they knew how to exploit IMO.
Nah man, this finger pointing "blame them for starting it" shit doesn't work with me when 5 year olds do it, let alone adults.

Own up to the fact that you're happy someone is dead because you didn't like them politically, but don't try and justify it by playing this whataboutism stuff.

The Quartermaster

Verified Military
Nah man, this finger pointing "blame them for starting it" shit doesn't work with me when 5 year olds do it, let alone adults.

Own up to the fact that you're happy someone is dead because you didn't like them politically, but don't try and justify it by playing this whataboutism stuff.
You have your opinion, as do I with my opinion, and I will leave it at that.

Jaknight

Ok first is first RBG was a pioneer and true fighter of equal rights may she Rest In Peace. That being said It’s time to Pick a Supreme Court judge baby!!! Can Trump get one in before election?

The Quartermaster

Verified Military
Ok first is first RBG was a pioneer and true fighter of equal rights may she Rest In Peace. That being said It’s time to Pick a Supreme Court judge baby!!! Can Trump get one in before election?
Doubt it, they're going to drag their feet over this entire ordeal and do twenty times the lying as they tried to do with the previous one.

SaintKP

Naw, that's a hard fucking disagree. Either be the bigger man and don't stoop to your broad generalizations of "They" and "Them" or just own the fact you're at a point where you're glad someone's dead who doesn't agree with you on a political basis. We're at this shit sandwich cluster fuck clown rape circus of political landscape because both sides fully went in on the whataboutism train.

She should've retired 4 years ago
This is a correct take

The Quartermaster

Verified Military
Naw, that's a hard fucking disagree. Either be the bigger man and don't stoop to your broad generalizations of "They" and "Them" or just own the fact you're at a point where you're glad someone's dead who doesn't agree with you on a political basis. We're at this shit sandwich cluster fuck clown rape circus of political landscape because both sides fully went in on the whataboutism train.

This is a correct take
LMAO at that projection you tried throwing shade with. The irony is so real.

Nah yourself. Take some accountability for once and own up to it.

Now for the actual correct take here: Listen, I am not trying to change your POV. It isn't my job. The same goes for you, not your lane either. Learn how to agree to disagree without actively trying to piss another off such as you are right now, the one that can't live and let live with anyone that isn't your values being spoken though our mouths.

The Quartermaster

Verified Military
Stay civil here. As we get closer to the election, personal attacks will result in the Stukas.

Heads up is all.
I'm fine. Just not a fan of partisans trying to police their political opponents. I'm all for freedom of speech, so long as they allow the same and live and let live with those they find difference with.

amlove21

Pararescue
Administrator
SSMP
SOF Mentor
I'm fine. Just not a fan of partisans trying to police their political opponents. I'm all for freedom of speech, so long as they allow the same and live and let live with those they find difference with.
You know what I’m not a fan of? You quoting a member of the staff when he wasn’t directing his comment at you.

These things (topics) are unnecessarily emotionally charged. We (the staff) desperately try to balance the scales.

If you internalized his message as something that was directed at you? Well, that means you should look extra hard at your own behavior.

But he didn’t quote you. On the board, if someone has an issue with your post, they quote you. @Kaldak didnt; he was speaking to everyone because *you* are turning the temperature up and you don’t need to

I’m riding high off a sensory deprivation float and a great night. It’s the only reason I’m letting it go.

How’s this- knock it off. Next time it’s points and a thread ban.

The Quartermaster

Verified Military
Then ban me, in one post alone you indirectly called me a piece of shit. I'd quote that to show you but your rules for thee but not for me would be prevalent.

All I did was let him know that we're cool and that I will abide. That's where you took a zero to a ten. complete with threats based on a highly biased moderation with no fatness at all.

Here, I'll log off and not be returning. making it easier for you to be a terribly biased mod even more.

amlove21

Pararescue
Administrator
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Then ban me, in one post alone you indirectly called me a piece of shit. I'd quote that to show you but your rules for thee but not for me would be prevalent.

All I did was let him know that we're cool and that I will abide. That's where you took a zero to a ten. complete with threats based on a highly biased moderation with no fatness at all.

Here, I'll log off and not be returning. making it easier for you to be a terribly biased mod even more.
I directly called anyone celebrating the death of an otherwise innocent person (for differing political opinions) a piece of shit. I stand by that. If you internalized that, that’s your issue. I didn’t mention anyone, because your singular opinion doesn’t register on my radar. There are more than 10000 members and guests here. Not everything is directed at you personally, until you made it about you.

As for the rest? Wish granted. 7 day ban.

Have a great night.