The "All Things Politics" Thread (please review page 1)

Il Duce

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
SSMP
Military Mentor
President Trump has repeatedly said his Twitter is an official conduit for policy decisions.

I think, because of that, lots of people look to twitter to see what the Presdient thinks is important.

Also Fox and Friends. Wish I was joking, but too many times you can draw a direct correlation to whatever they are talking about to whatever the President is talking about hours later.

racing_kitty

Sister Mary Hellfire
Verified Military
So are we taking bets yet on Presidential pardons at the end of term?

It’s highly likely, but I am genuinely unsure if Paul Manafort will be the beneficiary of such generosity. The misconduct covered under his indictment reaches back to his time working for The Podesta Group. That organization was headed by Tony Podesta, whose brother keeps PERSEC/INFOSEC about like how my colander keeps water.

I’m pretty sure POTUS is going to hold a grudge against him.

BloodStripe

Marine
SOF Support
SSMP
Military Mentor
We are getting closer to a new tax code. That being said, in typical political banter, Democrats are asking this process be slowed, because it will impact the economy. Gee, isn't that just like mandating health insurance?
Screenshot_20171102-101306.png

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
Also Fox and Friends. Wish I was joking, but too many times you can draw a direct correlation to whatever they are talking about to whatever the President is talking about hours later.

The same as NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN blah blah blah when his predecessor was in office.....

Il Duce

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
SSMP
Military Mentor
The same as NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN blah blah blah when his predecessor was in office.....

Nope. Daily show and others have shown President Trump will essentially live tweet Fox and Friends on a regular basis (just one article from dozens to choose from with a quick google search: This Guy Just Proved That Trump Basically Live-Tweets Fox & Friends).

President Obama, whatever you think his faults were, communicated with the American people through a structured process that took into account the assessments and recommendations of his advisors. I don't think there's a single time where President Obama came out and claimed something was true because it was reported on a single news channel or show. Mostly, he refrained from commenting until the news was confirmed independently. The one exception I can think of was when Professor Gates was arrested at his home - although still there were consistent reports of the facts of the case, just significant opinions over when and how the President should have commented.

Although I have to say, at this stage any fan of President Trump saying they are offended about President Obama commenting on Dr. Gates' arrest because 'the President shouldn't involve himself without the facts,' 'it wasn't Presidential', or 'the President shouldn't be divisive' has got to be 100% full of shit.

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
President Obama, whatever you think his faults were, communicated with the American people through a structured process that took into account the assessments and recommendations of his advisors. I don't think there's a single time where President Obama came out and claimed something was true because it was reported on a single news channel or show. Mostly, he refrained from commenting until the news was confirmed independently. The one exception I can think of was when Professor Gates was arrested at his home - although still there were consistent reports of the facts of the case, just significant opinions over when and how the President should have commented.

Although I have to say, at this stage any fan of President Trump saying they are offended about President Obama commenting on Dr. Gates' arrest because 'the President shouldn't involve himself without the facts,' 'it wasn't Presidential', or 'the President shouldn't be divisive' has got to be 100% full of shit.

FWIW, the man rushed to judgement several times, not just with Gates.

And regarding Sergeant Mosely, he NEVER received a official public apology....all he got was thrown under the bus from his own Chief, mayor, governor....who all jumped to conclusions and rushed to judgment. But he did get a frickin beer summit......whatever.

Blizzard

In addition to taking away his Twitter account, can someone please work on getting rid of the cheesy 80's style, Chuck E. Cheese baseball caps he keeps wearing and handing out. WTFO?!

Ooh-Rah

Marine
Sending this woman a gift certificate to Morton's.

Not kidding. Props.

I disagree.

He is the elected President of the United States of America. There were times that I was as angry and frustrated with President Obama, that many Dems (and some Republicans for that matter) feel about President Trump. Still, in a milion years, I would never curse at, or flip off the President of the United States.

Andoni

Cryptologic Support
Verified Military
Flipping off the Presidential motorcade from the bike lane should be a fireable offense when the employer of said bird-flipper is a government contractor. It's deserved. If she doesn't lose her job, the employer looks like they're supporting her behavior.

I think she knew that, saw an opportunity for 15 minutes of fame, and then dressed up giving the finger to the President as an act of angry solidarity on behalf of DACA Recipients and the problems with the Affordable Healthcare Act enrollment period. That doesn't sit well with me. It's disingenuous. It's also strategic and professionally-savvy in PR circles. She's smart.

If it really was a series of bird-flipping advocacy, as the bicyclist claims, I think it speaks to the woman's self-control issues and her PR campaign makes sense.

If she's so angry about DACA Recipients, why does she want a job with Planned Parenthood or PETA?

The President, is still the President of the United States of America, and it is in really bad taste to flip the bird to the Commander and Chief, multiple times. It's not illegal.

My perspective may be clouded by the tone of brash defiance I got from reading her quote, and if she's not brashly defiant, it's unfortunate, because she may have career difficulties moving forward.

Or, she may be scooped up by the established, national organizations she wants to work for because of her poor taste, call to advocacy, and quick-rising, middle finger, in the presence of Presidential Motorcade. I lean towards the later occurring.

TLDR20

Banned
Flipping off the Presidential motorcade from the bike lane should be a fireable offense when the employer of said bird-flipper is a government contractor. It's deserved. If she doesn't lose her job, the employer looks like they're supporting her behavior.

I think she knew that, saw an opportunity for 15 minutes of fame, and then dressed up giving the finger to the President as an act of angry solidarity on behalf of DACA Recipients and the problems with the Affordable Healthcare Act enrollment period. That doesn't sit well with me. It's disingenuous. It's also strategic and professionally-savvy in PR circles. She's smart.

If it really was a series of bird-flipping advocacy, as the bicyclist claims, I think it speaks to the woman's self-control issues and her PR campaign makes sense.

If she's so angry about DACA Recipients, why does she want a job with Planned Parenthood or PETA?

The President, is still the President of the United States of America, and it is in really bad taste to flip the bird to the Commander and Chief, multiple times. It's not illegal.

My perspective may be clouded by the tone of brash defiance I got from reading her quote, and if she's not brashly defiant, it's unfortunate, because she may have career difficulties moving forward.

Or, she may be scooped up by the established, national organizations she wants to work for because of her poor taste, call to advocacy, and quick-rising, middle finger, in the presence of Presidential Motorcade. I lean towards the later occurring.

I think this is so absurd. We have had people talking about our elected officials getting raped to death by pizza cutters on here and no one bats an eye. If anything they pile up likes.

Someone flips off a car and that’s the line we draw?