The "All Things Politics" Thread (please review page 1)

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
I think in the context of other things that have happened at that company of a political nature, that it was unjustified. I would wager it was politically motivated more than anything else, provided the following quote is true:

Cyclist who flipped Donald Trump’s motorcade the finger fired

Because Briskman was in charge of the firm's social media presence during her six-month tenure there, she recently flagged something that did link her company to some pretty ugly stuff.
As she was monitoring Facebook this summer, she found a public comment by a senior director at the company in an otherwise civil discussion by one of his employees about Black Lives Matter.
"You're a (expletive) Libtard a.....," the director injected, using his profile that clearly and repeatedly identifies himself as an employee of the firm.
In fact, the person he aimed that comment at was so offended by the intrusion into the conversation and the coarse nature of it that he challenged the director on representing Akima that way.
So Briskman flagged the exchange to senior management.
Did the man, a middle-aged executive who had been with the company for seven years, get the old "section 4.3" boot?
Nope. He cleaned up the comment, spit-shined his public profile and kept on trucking at work.

I don't particularly like the way the way that opinion piece is written but if the info is true I would say it was not justifed.

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
I think this is so absurd. We have had people talking about our elected officials getting raped to death by pizza cutters on here and no one bats an eye. If anything they pile up likes.

Someone flips off a car and that’s the line we draw?

Please provide an example of this. I can't think of a single time where that has happened.

TLDR20

Banned
“Fuck her. When she is getting raped, hope she can holla for a gang banger to help her. Pray for anarchy, cry when you get it. Just wait. It's coming..”-not elected official

“Fuck Nanny Bloomberg in the arse with @Freefalling's Pakistani Pizza Cutter! He's set up a toll free number to forward out of state calls as if they were from Nevada area codes.”

“I hope that shriveled old moldy-raisin-vag cunt wipe finally gets raped by the letter of the law that she so erroneously believes does not apply to her.”-Presidential nominee, and at Time SECSTaTE.

These were all easy to find. I don’t have all day and I feel like these easily show what our tolerance is here for things significantly more obscene than a middle finger to a passing car.

DocIllinois

Verified Military
I disagree.

He is the elected President of the United States of America. There were times that was as angry and frustrated with President Obama, that many Dems (and some Republicans for that matter) feel about President Trump. Still, in a milion years, I would never curse at, or flip off the President of the United States.

I'd have done the very same in her spot.

I think he's an odious steward for the office of the President and a living dystopian fiction.

CDG

Mittens
Verified Military
SSMP
SOF Mentor
“Fuck her. When she is getting raped, hope she can holla for a gang banger to help her. Pray for anarchy, cry when you get it. Just wait. It's coming..”-not elected official

“Fuck Nanny Bloomberg in the arse with @Freefalling's Pakistani Pizza Cutter! He's set up a toll free number to forward out of state calls as if they were from Nevada area codes.”

“I hope that shriveled old moldy-raisin-vag cunt wipe finally gets raped by the letter of the law that she so erroneously believes does not apply to her.”-Presidential nominee, and at Time SECSTaTE.

These were all easy to find. I don’t have all day and I feel like these easily show what our tolerance is here for things significantly more obscene than a middle finger to a passing car.

Thanks for providing some evidence to back up your claim, which is what we have always expected. The staff will look into this and see how we can be better going forward. Your point and agenda are clear, so let's keep the thread going on the Trump Presidency, and not your personal opinions of how things are moderated. This discussion can continue via PMs if needed.

Ranger Psych

Ranger
Verified SOF

I didn't say this, but I'll stand the fuck behind it specifically because you seem to find it acceptable that out of state entities can throw millions of dollars to attempt to influence legislation in states they are not even residents of... yet OMG TRUMPLES KNOWS THE KREMLIN is the catchphrase lately.

Where's the line, eh?

TLDR20

Banned
I didn't say this, but I'll stand the fuck behind it specifically because you seem to find it acceptable that out of state entities can throw millions of dollars to attempt to influence legislation in states they are not even residents of... yet OMG TRUMPLES KNOWS THE KREMLIN is the catchphrase lately.

Where's the line, eh?

Im not sure I’m allowed to respond due to my agenda. So I won’t fully yet. Once that’s clarified, I will elaborate on how it is different when a nuclear equipped other nation with competing interests interferes with our election versus when a rich guy in America does the same thing.

Last edited:

TLDR20

Banned
We're done with this pizza cutter discussion. Let's all get it back on track about the presidency.

Check

Where's the line, eh?

Are you ok with possible Russian interference in the election?

The line is when another nation interferes with the election. I don’t hear you bitching while the Koch brothers are pouring millions of dollars into campaigns you agree with. Where is the outrage friend? They are interfering in state elections and they are rich... you should be upset! But you aren’t, because they are the right kind of rich? Or they are the right type of guy for you? They sell the best paper towels around? Or they agree with your politics? If they didn’t they are worthy of some “expletive deleted” anal fucking?

Now that we have clarified your position a little bit, are we only ok with rich people meddling in elections when they are conservatives? Or do we agree that maybe we should take money out of politics altogether, at least at the federal level, and make sure that we have a campaign finance fund that publicly finds elections so that special interests are not disproportionately represented?

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
Administrator
Now that we have clarified your position a little bit, are we only ok with rich people meddling in elections when they are conservatives? Or do we agree that maybe we should take money out of politics altogether, at least at the federal level, and make sure that we have a campaign finance fund that publicly finds elections so that special interests are not disproportionately represented?

Election finances and the process are out of control. The cost to run for an elected office guarantees only the rich can participate unless you're an anointed "poor" person who curries favor with the ruling elite.

Reading excerpts from Donna Brazile's book was depressing. She described how the DNC (and I'm sure the RNC does the same thing) essentially launders money for its candidates.

TLDR20

Banned
Election finances and the process are out of control. The cost to run for an elected office guarantees only the rich can participate unless you're an anointed "poor" person who curries favor with the ruling elite.

Reading excerpts from Donna Brazile's book was depressing. She described how the DNC (and I'm sure the RNC does the same thing) essentially launders money for its candidates.

For sure;it is absolutely disgusting on both sides. DISGUSTING.

The Koch brothers wield more influence than some states, as do Bloomberg, and that weird Hungarian Jew everyone thinks is somehow a Nazi...

Last edited:

Ranger Psych

Ranger
Verified SOF
Check

Are you ok with possible Russian interference in the election?

The line is when another nation interferes with the election. I don’t hear you bitching while the Koch brothers are pouring millions of dollars into campaigns you agree with. Where is the outrage friend? They are interfering in state elections and they are rich... you should be upset! But you aren’t, because they are the right kind of rich? Or they are the right type of guy for you? They sell the best paper towels around? Or they agree with your politics? If they didn’t they are worthy of some “expletive deleted” anal fucking?

I don't know what the Koch brothers have ever specifically done for me, but I know specifically what constitutional right an out of state rich coffers fuckstick who doesn't even (to the best of my knowledge) own property in this state, decided that he'd finance shuttling even more out-of-staters into this state specifically to restrict.

I put meddling with leadership at the national level directly on par with meddling with the founding documents of this very nation, if not less important than the latter, as one is with the operation of the nation as it stands and there are numerous checks and balances, and the other is attempting to bypass the checks and balances protecting the very bedrock that this nation was founded upon and functions upon up to this very day.

Best part, the dipshit couldn't even get his lackeys to get an enforceable law written up. How about them apples? LOL

TLDR20

Banned
I don't know what the Koch brothers have ever specifically done for me, but I know specifically what constitutional right an out of state rich coffers fuckstick who doesn't even (to the best of my knowledge) own property in this state, decided that he'd finance shuttling even more out-of-staters into this state specifically to restrict.

I put meddling with leadership at the national level directly on par with meddling with the founding documents of this very nation, if not less important than the latter, as one is with the operation of the nation as it stands and there are numerous checks and balances, and the other is attempting to bypass the checks and balances protecting the very bedrock that this nation was founded upon and functions upon up to this very day.

Best part, the dipshit couldn't even get his lackeys to get an enforceable law written up. How about them apples? LOL

So reading this, it reads you are more upset at Russian influence? That is meddling with leadership at the national level, so therefore the same as meddling with our founding documents?