Trump Presidency, Part II

Ooh-Rah

Semper Fi
So you'd believe someone is telling the truth even though they're a convicted liar? Just because he's trying to shave some years off? Cool beans bro.
A person's level of believability has a directly correlation to whose ox is getting gored and if they will willingly admit that their emperor 'wears no clothes'.

I've been trying to get folks on this board to buy into this for years...

I'm a perfect example:

- Everything Reagan and Ollie North did? Patriots!

- Everything Clinton did with Monica? Womanizing bastard.

- Bumbling stumbling George Bush? Just an 'aw shucks' kinda personality and poor public speaker

- Barack Obama ? Crazy liberal whose only goal in life was to soften up the military with gender experiments - show me his birth certificate!

- Trump?....well here's where I get stuck. Because he served his purpose and kept Hilary out, but I'm long done with his foolishness; as well as the sycophants he surrounds himself with ... if the average Republican or Conservative cannot at least consider the truthfulness or reality of that belief, well friends, that is a person who cannot admit that the emperor wears no clothes.

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
I'm not saying the POTUS doesn't have issues...but Cohen had plenty to gain by testifying and throwing mud at his former employer.

Given the stakes I'd probably vote the way I did again, do I feel kind of dirty about it? Certainly. But my preferred candidate [Webb] was never given a shot by the corrupt ass party. At least the Republicans had a race.

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
So you'd believe someone is telling the truth even though they're a convicted liar? Just because he's trying to shave some years off? Cool beans bro.
I'd believe you're deliberately misreading what I wrote. That's not what I said; I said there's an argument that could be made.

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
I'd believe you're deliberately misreading what I wrote. That's not what I said; I said there's an argument that could be made.
No, not deliberately. Your statement implies a position. If that is not your position, overall I can understand as I was in a conversation where I argued the practical reasons of a decision, even though I didn't agree with it.

lindy

SOF Support
- Trump?....well here's where I get stuck. Because he served his purpose and kept Hilary out, but I'm long done with his foolishness; as well as the sycophants he surrounds himself with ... if the average Republican or Conservative cannot at least consider the truthfulness or reality of that belief, well friends, that is a person who cannot admit that the emperor wears no clothes.
Looks like it’s shaping up to be another “hold your nose while you pull the lever” as the current line up is actually WWWAAAYYYYYYY further left than Clinton.

One caveat though, at this point I really don’t care what Donald Trump did and am focused on President Trump’s actions. My life is better now than it was pre-2016. I firmly believe if we had a press that treated ALL Administrations like are the current, we’d surely see that “meh, ain’t so bad”.

lindy

SOF Support
Sure they can, but their credibility is very low. I'm stating that Cohen has no credibility, therefore his believability is a fat zero and that the hearing was a farce.
Speaking of Cohen’s multi-day testimony, anyone wonder why he, a private citizen without ANY government affiliation would NEED to testify inside a SCIF? He doesn’t have access to classified material nor could Congress ask him about classified matters.

So why the closed door testimony?

Salt USMC

Marine
Verified Military
Where does it say that they're doing testimony in a SCIF?

EDIT: I see. It was mentioned on CNN. Since the testimony was done in front of the House intel committee, it almost certainly involved sensitive topics that the public is not privvy to. And information can be SCIF'ed even if it isn't classified. For instance, the FBI's report into then-nominee Bret Kavanaugh was stored inside a SCIF for congressional members to read

Last edited:

lindy

SOF Support
I hope Trump tells Congress to pack sand and doesn’t give them “not one” document. Take a Jacksonian approach until SCOTUS weighs in.

Asked by anchor George Stephanopoulos whether he thinks Trump obstructed justice in the Russia investigation, Nadler replied: "Yes, I do. ... It's very clear that the president obstructed justice."
The evidence, Nadler maintained, was that Trump called the Mueller probe a "witch hunt," allegedly "tried to protect [fired national security adviser Michael] Flynn from being investigated by the FBI," and supposedly admitted that he had fired FBI Director James Comey "to stop the Russian thing" in an NBC interview.