Trump Presidency, Part II

amlove21

Pararescue
Administrator
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Article from CNN re: Pelosi's impeachment remarks. I like the implication from Brad Sherman that Trump is guilty of felonies until the government says he isn't.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/opinions/democrats-nancy-pelosi-impeachment-hypocrisy-jennings/index.html
The only thing of note in that article is this- "Tapper noted: "Sir, with all due respect, you keep saying that he's committed felonies. There's not one legal entity that has said he committed felonies.") That resembled something I think is called, "Journalism".

Devildoc

Verified Military
The only thing of note in that article is this- "Tapper noted: "Sir, with all due respect, you keep saying that he's committed felonies. There's not one legal entity that has said he committed felonies.") That resembled something I think is called, "Journalism".
I took note of that. It is refreshing to see someone--anyone--push back and defend "truth".

amlove21

Pararescue
Administrator
SSMP
SOF Mentor
I listen to Ben Shapiro's podcast every single day. Have for probably over a year now? Ish?

Anyway, I am a big believer in "want to judge how dangerous a person/event is? Look how much the opposition covers said person/thing."

The left is terrified of the president and what he represents, therefore, I have to hear about it literally every time he does anything. Granted, there's tons of material due to stupidity, but still.

Using that logic and my original statement- Ben Shapiro is very, very afraid of Beto O'Rourke. The 33 minutes or so Ben spent on Beto today leads me to believe one of two things. Either 1, Ben thinks Beto is a threat or 2, Ben and Beto dated at one point and Beto broke Ben's heart.

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
I listen to Ben Shapiro's podcast every single day. Have for probably over a year now? Ish?

Anyway, I am a big believer in "want to judge how dangerous a person/event is? Look how much the opposition covers said person/thing."

The left is terrified of the president and what he represents, therefore, I have to hear about it literally every time he does anything. Granted, there's tons of material due to stupidity, but still.

Using that logic and my original statement- Ben Shapiro is very, very afraid of Beto O'Rourke. The 33 minutes or so Ben spent on Beto today leads me to believe one of two things. Either 1, Ben thinks Beto is a threat or 2, Ben and Beto dated at one point and Beto broke Ben's heart.
I can tell you that having lived in El Paso for three years...he was mentioned in every morning radio news blast before the sports show came on in my drive...but I don't remember a damn thing he did for El Paso...

lindy

SOF Support
Article from CNN re: Pelosi's impeachment remarks. I like the implication from Brad Sherman that Trump is guilty of felonies until the government says he isn't.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/13/opinions/democrats-nancy-pelosi-impeachment-hypocrisy-jennings/index.html
I wonder if his logic is rooted in the judge’s comment about Manafort:

During Wednesday’s hearing, Jackson noted that prosecutors with the special counsel’s office did not present evidence of collusion between Manafort, the Trump campaign and Russians to influence the 2016 election.

The question of whether there was any collusion with Russia…was not presented in this case, period, therefore it was not resolved by this case,” said Jackson.
I guess one could say that Manafort may or may not have committed murder at some point but since evidence was not presented, the question still stands. AOC logic is now a thing?

lindy

SOF Support
Uh oh...this will make for some interesting campaign trail sound bites now that the MSM isn’t ignoring it anymore. Orange man bad but his policies are working???

• Average hourly earnings rose 3.4 percent in February, the best increase since April 2009.
  • For the first time during the recovery, lower-end earners are getting more of the benefit, according to a Goldman Sachs report.
  • The trend could mean that the economy has more strength to it than some economists think.
Workers at the lower end of the pay scale finally are getting the most benefit from rising wages

The job creation is so high under President Trump's tax cut and deregulatory regimen that there are more jobs than workers to fill them. The quitting rate is higher, too, and that means workers are finding higher-paid jobs, not just the one they have now, which means it's a worker's market now. President Trump took some flak for advising would-be illegal migrants to come here legally on the grounds that Americans should get first dibs on jobs, but given this labor shortage, it was obvious this was the reality out there. And yes, illegal immigration is surging. Many are coming here for jobs.

When was the last time workers can ever remember having not just a job, but their choice of jobs?
Jobs, jobs, jobs...latest job openings data show that Trump knows what it's about

Last edited:

lindy

SOF Support
Do you have a link for those of us who have no idea what you're talking about?
Sorry. The Nutty Ninth previously ruled that if ICE didn’t detain criminal illegals immediately following a criminal court proceeding, they were exempt from arrest in the US. SCOTUS told the judges “hold my beer”.

Description:
The Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Trump administration Tuesday, allowing federal officials to detain and deport illegal immigrants after they have served their time in the U.S. for other crimes. It was a 5-4 decision that reversed the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, which restricted when the immigrants could be deported. For example, the 9th Circuit ruling stated that Immigration and Custom’s Enforcement would have to detain the illegal immigrants immediately or they would exempt.
SCOTUS Judgement Deportation of Illegal Criminal Aliens | Bail | Mootness

lindy

SOF Support

lindy

SOF Support
Makes you wonder how much impact that is having on foreign policy.
What aspect of his foreign policy is not working? I’m sure you have a different perspective and would like to hear it. American news really sucks about telling us what’s going on in the world.

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
What aspect of his foreign policy is not working? I’m sure you have a different perspective and would like to hear it. American news really sucks about telling us what’s going on in the world.
Who said anything about me saying it's not working? I'm wondering what the impact is, good or bad, but we won't know that until the next president I'd imagine.