Trump Presidency, Part II

Cookie_

SOF Support
The number of comments that are variations of:

-But Hillary!
-No collusion though!
-He only committed crimes because the warrant shouldn't have been valid!

Are really disheartening to me.

It is reprehensible that a sitting president, regardless of party, would attempt to skirt the law in the manner which has been documented here.

If you are someone who just doesn't care about the issue because Trump is your guy, maybe you should look inward and try to determine if you put party above country or not.

lindy

SOF Support
Dude, does it not bother you in the slightest that your president tried on multiple occasions to end a criminal investigation into his conduct? It’s not even a conspiracy theory any more - it’s documented fact. How can we as Americans trust a president who’s willing to impede and obstruct a lawful investigation? This president blatantly considers himself above the law and frankly it’s disturbing that you don’t see any problem with that.
What would YOU do if you were wrongly accused of a crime YOU did not commit?

Impede and obstruct a lawful investigation like Mueller or Fast & Furious? I’m confused. Above the law like issuing EOs that have been regularly ruled unconstitutional (aka illegal)?

I HOPE the House charges him and the Senate tries him so We can resolve this nonsense once and for all.

lindy

SOF Support
Jesus, you people really need to understand this is from a PROSECUTOR’s view. US attorneys prosecute ONLY and do not “clear” anyone. There wasn’t enough evidence to indict ANYONE in the Trump orbit otherwise they would have.

In an adversarial environment, the defense would have a field day with discovery and then go gang busters on the questionable relations of the SC’s staff.

Thank God it’s Easter.

amlove21

Pararescue
Administrator
SSMP
SOF Mentor
My favorite part of this is the president’s defense. He didn’t have intent to obstruct (which is an integral part of obstruction); he was just super mad. Like, really upset and embarrassed.

And the only thing that saved him from actual obstruction was everyone that worked for him absolutely openly disrespecting him by treating the president like the petulant child he is and ignoring his orders because they all knew he needed to be helped from himself.

No collusion! Plenty of examples of ‘bad’ (we aren’t allowed to call things immoral so I’ll go with bad) behavior but not enough for charges of obstruction! Big win for the president.

Really glad this whole Mueller probe is over so maybe the administration can focus on the wall, healthcare, and the fact that N Korea just flexed nuts all over after testing a tac weapon.

lindy

SOF Support
Be careful what you wish for, my friend.

View attachment 27425 I was talking with View attachment 27426and they assured me that if View attachment 27427were to dig just a bit deeper into the
View attachment 27428View attachment 27429View attachment 27430file, View attachment 27431would not like the answer. In fact, View attachment 27432View attachment 27433
View attachment 27435.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
I’m serious. Nadler MUST execute a committee vote of the judiciary and move to full floor vote to impeach. The “evidence” is there in plain sight; just tune in to CNN or MSNBC.

Let’s light this candle and get busy so the electorate knows EXACTLY what we have in Congress. If the respective States’ are duly represented then great but if not, We need to hold our representatives accountable.

Ooh-Rah

Semper Fi
So to defend Trump....for once....here is a prime example of where the Media deserves the wrath and hell that Trump and family throw them....

Home | Daily Mail Online

Mueller report reveals how Trump reacted to special counsel appointment: 'I'm f---ed'

Trump Said ‘I’m Fucked’ After Special Counsel’s Appointment: Mueller Report

"I'm f**ked": Trump lambasted Sessions, kept resignation letter after Mueller appointment

'I'm f---ed': Trump called Mueller appointment 'the end of my presidency'

My favorite:
Trump, on Mueller appointment: 'This is the end of my presidency. I'm f***ed.'

Et tu' Fox?
Trump thought presidency was over when told of Mueller's appointment: 'This is the end... I'm f---ed'

Pretty damning eh? Trump knew they had him, right?

Now how about some context....

The report continued: “The president returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, ‘Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worse thing that ever happened to me.’”

The President was not saying he was afraid of being run out of office, he was saying he would not be able to accomplish what he had hoped because the independent counsel would take up so much time and be a distraction.

Context - it does the body good.

GOTWA

Half Faceless Man
Verified Military
So to defend Trump....for once....here is a prime example of where the Media deserves the wrath and hell that Trump and family throw them....

Home | Daily Mail Online
Mueller report reveals how Trump reacted to special counsel appointment: 'I'm f---ed'
Trump Said ‘I’m Fucked’ After Special Counsel’s Appointment: Mueller Report
"I'm f**ked": Trump lambasted Sessions, kept resignation letter after Mueller appointment
'I'm f---ed': Trump called Mueller appointment 'the end of my presidency'

My favorite:
Trump, on Mueller appointment: 'This is the end of my presidency. I'm f***ed.'

Et tu' Fox?
Trump thought presidency was over when told of Mueller's appointment: 'This is the end... I'm f---ed'

Pretty damning eh? Trump knew they had him, right?

Now how about some context....

The report continued: “The president returned to the consequences of the appointment and said, ‘Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worse thing that ever happened to me.’”

The President was not saying he was afraid of being run out of office, he was saying he would not be able to accomplish what he had hoped because the independent counsel would take up so much time and be a distraction.

Context - it does the body good.
That's why I think this whole thing is comical; nobody will be an impartial judge to the report. Everyone is on a side, and it's not the middle. Reading some of the twitter postings, it's pretty clear the language in the report is strategically placed to keep this thing going. Mueller even stated he didn't have what he needed to push forward, i.e., the standard of proof wasn't enough. But then he stated he couldn't clear him of wrongdoing. IMO, you can't have it both ways. Innocent until proven guilty...and Mueller couldn't prove him guilty. But this is America, where facts and truth don't matter.

lindy

SOF Support
Pages 213-214 sum up the DOJs position on the entire matter about ANY criminal allegations against ANY President: not their job to make the determination.

It’s clear the audience of the report is Congress but the S.C. works for DOJ.

Interesting Constitutional issues for sure. What say you @Lefty375 ?

moobob

Capsizing islands...
Verified Military
That's why I think this whole thing is comical; nobody will be an impartial judge to the report. Everyone is on a side, and it's not the middle. Reading some of the twitter postings, it's pretty clear the language in the report is strategically placed to keep this thing going. Mueller even stated he didn't have what he needed to push forward, i.e., the standard of proof wasn't enough. But then he stated he couldn't clear him of wrongdoing. IMO, you can't have it both ways. Innocent until proven guilty...and Mueller couldn't prove him guilty. But this is America, where facts and truth don't matter.
I feel like I'm fairly impartial in that I did not vote for Trump. Based on above average knowledge of the process, I was skeptical about the warrant when news starting coming out about how the whole thing started... starting with Trump's "wiretap" tweets and the news surrounding those events. I think that if it is fully investigated, we could see people criminally charged. However, they probably tried to cover their tracks, so I'm pessimistic.

Last edited:

I feel like I'm fairly impartial in that I did not vote for Trump. Based on above average knowledge of the process, I was skeptical about the warrant when news starting coming out about how the whole thing started... starting with Trump's "wiretap" tweets and the news surround those events. I think that if it is fully investigated, we could see people criminally charged. However, they probably tried to cover their tracks, so I'm pessimistic.
From what I understand, the FBI, under the previous AG at least, only needed an allegation to open a case against an individual.

"But given the low thresholds for initiating cases, the mere fact the FBI has opened investigations is no longer a meaningful statistic. Many of us have long warned that lowering the evidentiary requirements governing FBI investigations would lead to abuses of power that would disparately impact the most vulnerable in our society: immigrants, communities of color, and political dissidents. But now highly politicized FBI investigations are targeting the most powerful people in the country too, affecting our democratic processes in troubling ways. It is past time to hold the FBI accountable to a higher standard. Restoring adequate controls on FBI investigative authorities will protect all Americans from unwarranted scrutiny and will enable effective oversight. Reasonable standards will not harm our security—they will improve it by ensuring law enforcement resources are focused where the facts demonstrate they are needed."

Grunt

Verified Military
I like the fact that Americans say they can't believe that would happen here. I simply have to laugh at them and then ask, "What, you don't think we do it to other countries?"

I get more isolationist by the day, so things like this are easily accepted by me because I *expect* it to happen and don't get butt hurt when it does -- if it does.

Polar Bear

They call me Mr Sunshine
Administrator
I like the fact that Americans say they can't believe that would happen here. I simply have to laugh at them and then ask, "What, you don't think we do it to other countries?"

I get more isolationist by the day, so things like this are easily accepted by me because I *expect* it to happen and don't get butt hurt when it does -- if it does.
Boom bitches, perfect statement, the left wants to place blame on someone else and the right wants to deny it even happens. Both of you are blind. This is why I avoid threads like this...but if I chime in...I will be pointing out the obvious, that most of you miss. I would start doing some self reflection on your thoughts, on your stance, left or right before you post. In 5 years, I hope this post still stands and you read again what what you posted. Especially those that are not US citizens and telling us how to live.

Isolationism and keep our money...this is me to a point. Sending my money to a third world shit hole, that has no government and we continue to send money.

Attachments