United States & Gun Control discussion.

Devildoc

Verified Military
I think it's the case of a judge who wants to be reelected or reappointed, so he just passed the buck. SCOTUS will fix it.

Box

Verified SOF
Sweet - start queuing up lawsuits against Ford, Chrysler, and Chevy for all those vehicular homicide deaths
Then we can finally sue all the tobacco companies for giving people lung cancer

I am going to start lawyer shopping for someone that will help me sue Levi-Strauss for making my ass look fat
Budweiser is next for making my belly look like a flotation device
Last but not least, I'm going to start a class action lawsuit against Ross Perot for giving us the Clintons

Grunt

Verified Military
I think it's the case of a judge who wants to be reelected or reappointed, so he just passed the buck. SCOTUS will fix it.
Maybe...but that could take years and there can be more damage done in the interim. Like I said, it's bad precedent to start....

Box

Verified SOF
so - as an add-on
In eight years of Obama - I dont remember ANY groundbreaking legislation that deteriorated my gun rights.

Now - suppressor restrictions have failed under Trump - bump stocks are bad - red flag laws are popping up - and soon - we can sue corporations when people misuse their products
Democrats should be campaigning for Trump - not trying to impeach him

Meanwhile - every republican in congress should be put in the street for standing by with their collective thumbs stuck in their asses

DA SWO

SOWT
Verified SOF
so - as an add-on
In eight years of Obama - I dont remember ANY groundbreaking legislation that deteriorated my gun rights.

Now - suppressor restrictions have failed under Trump - bump stocks are bad - red flag laws are popping up - and soon - we can sue corporations when people misuse their products
Democrats should be campaigning for Trump - not trying to impeach him

Meanwhile - every republican in congress should be put in the street for standing by with their collective thumbs stuck in their asses
Democrats used mass shootings (with help from a Republican Senate) to stop the suppressor bill that a Republican House passed.

Bump stock edict is being challenged, and probably will end up at SCOTUS, which gives Trump the ability to say "I tried".

Red Flag laws are State level, and concern me very much. I see another SCOTUS ruling in the future. One I am concerned about.

ThunderHorse

Verified Military
New Zealand bans AR-15s (with detachable magazines)...https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/mar/21/new-zealand-shooting-jacinda-ardern-to-make-policy-announcement-live-updates

For the Kiwis, what were your gun laws prior to this. This is a very irrational and emotional response.

Sounds like they're moving to California style laws. If the shooter was Australian, wouldn't that mean his possession of the firearms was illegal?

SpitfireV

Strike first, strike hard, no mercy!
We have two category of semi-auto ownership. A Cat (normal licence, can own some semis, shotguns, bolts, etc) and E Cat which covers "Military Style Assault Rifles" which have more than 7 rounds in a mag and a bunch of features like folding stocks and free standing pistol grips and things. They're definitely banning them for A Cat but E Cat noone is sure about. The press release is as clear as mud.

The E Cat holders need improved security and higher levels of vetting than A Cat so all the E Cat holders aren't sure right now if they're able to keep them after April or not.

I *think* the government has to do a buy back which will cost a fortune.

By the sounds of it the police possibly dropped the ball in the vetting stages for the A Cat licence- but they won't take responsibility.

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
We have two category of semi-auto ownership. A Cat (normal licence, can own some semis, shotguns, bolts, etc) and E Cat which covers "Military Style Assault Rifles" which have more than 7 rounds in a mag and a bunch of features like folding stocks and free standing pistol grips and things. They're definitely banning them for A Cat but E Cat noone is sure about. The press release is as clear as mud.

The E Cat holders need improved security and higher levels of vetting than A Cat so all the E Cat holders aren't sure right now if they're able to keep them after April or not.

I *think* the government has to do a buy back which will cost a fortune.

By the sounds of it the police possibly dropped the ball in the vetting stages for the A Cat licence- but they won't take responsibility.
And now our idiots are trying to rush to ban handguns and semi-autos before the election in the fall. Something they've wanted to do for a while.
Liberal gun review to include type of semi-auto rifles NZ shooter used: Blair - iPolitics

They'll be lucky to be re-elected after PM Shiny Pony and his puppeteers were caught trying to interfere with the a major fraud case against SNC Lavalin because they are heavily connected to the Liberal party and Trudeau personally.

Blizzard

I bet a few more people will be wearing Wranglers now. I just wish these companies would stay out of politics and stick to what made them famous.
I can't buy less than the zero number of Levi's that I've currently bought. I also don't own Dockers or their other product. They were never really my style but maybe I'm just a real good judge of products and character. 😁