‘Possible terrorism’: At least 1 dead, 6 injured in London stabbing

Do you know about the problem with Somalis in Minnesota getting their jihad on?

I live in Minneapolis/St. Paul. There are Somalis 'everywhere'. Most, if not all, I encounter are grateful to be here. They were not initially wanted here, and it was fought, but St. Paul has become one of (perhaps THE) the largest Somali populations in the US. For the most part they keep to themselves, run for office, and are becoming quite organized. I do not see them participating in the Black-Lives nonsense of closing roads, and other than gang issues, (no different than the other ethnic gangs here) as a whole they do not cause may problems. .

If your comment of "getting their jihad on" is referring to the funnelling of funds and recruiting impressionable youth out of the US to do bad things, yep...that is a problem. In fact the FBI opened a building here in Brooklyn Park (suburb of Minneapolis) to help keep tabs on such things. But...unlike leaders from the Muslim faith, Somalis leaders have been overt about trying to communicate to the public that they do not want this, and seeking ways to reach out to those who may be tempted - overall, I have been surprising impressed with their willingness to assimilate to American culture. (cab drivers aside)

I live in Minneapolis/St. Paul. There are Somalis 'everywhere'. Most, if not all, I encounter are grateful to be here. They were not initially wanted here, and it was fought, but St. Paul has become one of (perhaps THE) the largest Somali populations in the US. For the most part they keep to themselves, run for office, and are becoming quite organized. I do not see them participating in the Black-Lives nonsense of closing roads, and other than gang issues, (no different than the other ethnic gangs here) as a whole they do not cause may problems. .

If your comment of "getting their jihad on" is referring to the funnelling of funds and recruiting impressionable youth out of the US to do bad things, yep...that is a problem. In fact the FBI opened a building here in Brooklyn Park (suburb of Minneapolis) to help keep tabs on such things. But...unlike leaders from the Muslim faith, Somalis leaders have been overt about trying to communicate to the public that they do not want this, and seeking ways to reach out to those who may be tempted - overall, I have been surprising impressed with their willingness to assimilate to American culture. (cab drivers aside)

I think work any large population you'll get the full spectrum of personalities, but the problem with recruitment has been a problem. There is a vice news video where they go around interviewing random Somalis and it definitely doesn't help the case for their willingness to assimilate, but it's vice news. I think the gang-like attacks that have occurred from the community are probably very exceptional.

I heard some interesting coverage of the Munich Attack. They were considering holding the Muslim Community as a whole to be more aware of things within their communities. If there are new faces that are looking to hide among them, they should tell the LOEs. It was interesting to hear this, because here that would be racial profiling. I think their approach is reasonable for the good of each city, and their nation as a whole. Considering the large number of Middle Eastern immigrants that are now all over Europe, the risk of hosting mass killers is very real. I think the Germans will profile to the max.

I heard some interesting coverage of the Munich Attack. They were considering holding the Muslim Community as a whole to be more aware of things within their communities. If there are new faces that are looking to hide among them, they should tell the LOEs. It was interesting to hear this, because here that would be racial profiling. I think their approach is reasonable for the good of each city, and their nation as a whole. Considering the large number of Middle Eastern immigrants that are now all over Europe, the risk of hosting mass killers is very real. I think the Germans will profile to the max.

That would seriously alienate them more. I believe most the Muslim populations in Germany are Turkish. I wonder if the more relevant communities are able to just be infiltrated with confidential informants.

There are also going to be groups of people, such as Muslims, who will never integrate and assimilate. Obviously there are and will be many exceptions of those who integrate perfectly, but there will always be a sizeable portion (even if they will eventually be a minority, technically) of them who will never 'get it'. A sizeable enough portion to be a hell of a problem. At least with the examples of groups who DID eventually integrate, there was some tangible evidence of 'progress' over those multiple generations.

Not only has there not been any progress with Muslims, but things are actually getting worse if anything. The 'problematic' portion of the non-integrated is getting larger, and more problematic, in Europe by the day.

Back