125th STS Taking Care of Business in Idaho

Are you talking about the line "TACPs typically do the same mission but with less elite units" line?

Yes. Great story, fantastic representation of ST as a whole. As an outsider it oversimplified the TACP careerfield. As you know, those guys and gals work from the 3rd ID to the GSU up at Pope/ Bragg. In the main, that sentence is correct, but it ignores units like the 17th ASOS (I think that's the 75th's squadron) and others.

Maybe I'm nitpicking and outside of my lane, but 1C4's, do a lot in SOF units. The article didn't recognize that which why I made my comment above.

Yes. Great story, fantastic representation of ST as a whole. As an outsider it oversimplified the TACP careerfield. As you know, those guys and gals work from the 3rd ID to the GSU up at Pope/ Bragg. In the main, that sentence is correct, but it ignores units like the 17th ASOS (I think that's the 75th's squadron) and others.

Maybe I'm nitpicking and outside of my lane, but 1C4's, do a lot in SOF units. The article didn't recognize that which why I made my comment above.
Yeah, you're not wrong. Although, the article isn't necessarily wrong, either- the overwhelming majority of TACP do the conventional mission for conventional forces. But you are right, it's worded shittily. And you're definitely not out of your lane.

And we are all 1Z's now- TACP are 1Z3 (Special Recon is 1Z4).

Back