18A questions

Cev2468

Unverified
Hey y’all! I have some questions about the 18A. I’ve done my best to gather as much information as possible and have spent most of the day trying to answer my questions on my own. I was able to get all the fundamental questions answered on my own but there are a few that I need someone with experience to answer for me. My first question is once I get in my first unit and all that and become a 1LT and am promotable to Captain at what point do I tell my commanders I guess would be the right word that I am interested in perusing the 18A and should I keep quite about my intentions on trying out until the last moment. On to my second question what sort of things will I need on my first Officer report. My third and final question is what are somethings I can start learning now (in high school) other than physical fitness. I hope this was the right place to put this so let me know if it isn’t.
Thanks!

You're thinking way too far ahead man. Focus on the closer target, getting good grades and doing well in ROTC. I would recommend you branch infantry when the time comes, but whatever you end up deciding, get your Ranger tab if you want to be an SF officer.

You do know that as an SF Officer you will spend more time in training than on a team, right? Two years on a team and then you ride a desk, are you good with that?

ETA: you're still in high school dude.. have fun, be a kid, and stay out of trouble with the law.

Oh I didn’t know about the training stuff. I don’t want to end up behind a desk either. Should I look into maybe enlisting after college instead. I get what your saying though I’ve just had a lot of time to think with quarantine. Thank you for your input though!

I think your goals will change as you mature and learn more about the military. Go to college and ROTC and you'll learn if you like the idea of being an officer.

It's your life man, do your homework and decide what you want and then go after it. The internet has all the info you will ever need.

Thanks man I’ll keep researching and just figure it out. I guess I need to do some more research on the enlisted side. Thanks for your input!

Back