2017 World Series

Pulling for the Dodgers here. Always a National league fan...I think Pitchers should bat;-) But, the Astros were NLers not so long ago so I am glad to see them in the show!

As a cubs fan I'm pulling for the Astros more for the fact they're the underdog moneyball-esque team right now. Totally not for the fact that I'm bitter over getting blown out by the Dodgers, not at all.

The Astros sucked for a very long time in order to get to where they are now. Has nothing to do with money ball. The Cubs are also not a money ball team. They are a hybrid.

I never said the cubs were, and money ball was a poor word choice. Frugal contracting? Smart trades or drafting? A great farm system to pull from? The baseball gods showing mercy? I don't know, all I can say for sure is that it'll be a good storyline regardless of what team wins.

The Astros sucked for a very long time in order to get to where they are now. Has nothing to do with money ball. The Cubs are also not a money ball team. They are a hybrid.

I still don't recognize too many names in the Astros lineup, but the Cubs and Dodgers lineups read like all-star teams.

I never said the cubs were, and money ball was a poor word choice. Frugal contracting? Smart trades or drafting? A great farm system to pull from? The baseball gods showing mercy? I don't know, all I can say for sure is that it'll be a good storyline regardless of what team wins.

Cubs sucked for 108 years to finally get a good farm system to pull from.

Liberals will try to work in global warming every chance they can:

Game 2 Home runs blamed on Climate Change!!!!

:thumbsdown::-oO_o:-x

Could it have anything to do with, lets say, better conditioned athletes? Kids are conditioned to play sports from the time they are born now. They train year round. In the days of old, baseball players actually worked regular jobs and played baseball in the summer. I would expect more production from modern athletes.

Back