58 year old Starbuck's customer foils robbery with a chair....<video>

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
The dramatic moment a heroic Starbucks customer beat down an armed robber with a chair has been caught on video.

Hero Cregg Jerri, 58, and suspect Ryan Michael Florez, 30, were both stabbed in the struggle for the suspect's knife during a stickup at a Starbucks in Fresno, California on Thursday.

Police said that Florez fled the scene and later claimed to be a victim of the robbery, but was identified as the robber with the help of surveillance video, according to the Fresno Bee.

He was armed with a large knife and replica handgun, according to police.

Hero Starbucks customer thwarts robber armed with a knife | Daily Mail Online

Full Video

News Report

GET SOME, OLDER DUDE!!!

He was all over that punk. See? Us older dudes can still tap into the OMS (Old Man Strength). My only critique is that he should've hit him a lot harder with the chair...then he wouldn't have had to wrestle him. Hit him like your trying to kill him. Saves time and energy.

Last edited:
GET SOME, OLDER DUDE!!!

He was all over that punk. See? Us older dudes can still tap into the OMS (Old Man Strength). My only critique is that he should've hit him a lot harder with the chair...then he wouldn't have had to wrestle him. Hit him like your trying to kill him. Saves time and energy.

or kick him in the balls Old Man Style.

I am glad to see someone doing something other than simply cower in the corner!

Well done, Sir!

<UPDATE>

Suspect in Starbucks Armed Robbery Plans to Sue Good Samaritan

Back in July, Fresno Police say 30-year old Ryan Flores used a gun and tried to rob the Starbucks near Herndon Avenue and Highway 99. 58-year old Cregg Jerri stepped in to stop the crime, and the two got into a fight. Both men were hurt, but the Flores family said their son plans on suing Jerri for excessive force.

Flores remains in jail, and faces a felony attempted robbery charge. His mother, Pamela Chimienti, said the family does not condone what he allegedly did, but she said Flores should not have been attacked back the way he was.

The surveillance video went viral. In the video, you can see Jerry enjoying his drink at Starbucks. Suddenly, a man wearing a Transformers mask pulls out a gun, a knife, and a bag, and demands money from the barista. Investigators have identify the suspect as Flores. In the video, Jerri is seen hitting Flores with a chair, and a violent fight ensues.Investigators said Jerri was stabbed in the neck during the struggle, but managed to wrestle away the knife and stab Flores several times.

Chief Jerry Dyer calls Jerri a hero. But Chimienti said her son is a victim too.

There is no excessive force claim....

Some people simply shouldn't be able to speak. Her poor thieving son got hurt while breaking the law.

It's embarrassing that this even makes the news.....

Yes, yes... This is all very interesting. But I read the article and after washing down a couple blue pills with a macchiato, I'd hit both of he-man's daughters like the proverbial barn door in a hurricane (in Virginia, no less), I mean did you look at them?

Idiot woman needs to look up the word condone. They've already condoned it. Suing the guy who stopped him adds insult to injury and makes her an accessory in my book. She's looking to continue the harm done.

Back