745th SOS deactivates

Sounds like AFSOC is starting to get more serious about consolidating airframe types. The RC-26 is one of several odd-ball short term airframes AFSOC has right now. I imagine the airframes will go back to whomever AFSOC "borrowed" them from. MC-12s, RPVs and U-28s are much more numerous (though, arguably, the very odd-ball short term airframes I'm referring to) and the MC-12s, U-28s and the C-145As all have the same engines (PT-6s, though the specific type may be a bit different between airframes) which ought to also help out on the supply side.

I doubt any of these are going to last more than another few years. AFSOC is going to have to divest itself of a lot of the small airplane types along with the legacy -130s to keep the J-models coming. Budgets aren't going to get any better any time soon.

RC-26 came from the Guard, IIRC they robbed a bunch (hence the Guard Airrews), then BRAC consolidated them.
MC-12 will be ACC only at Beale (Too bad, this would be a good Guard Air frame)
The U-28/C-145 would be a good Reserve bird (or Guard).

RC-26 came from the Guard, IIRC they robbed a bunch (hence the Guard Airrews), then BRAC consolidated them.
MC-12 will be ACC only at Beale (Too bad, this would be a good Guard Air frame)
The U-28/C-145 would be a good Reserve bird (or Guard).

Both the U-28 and the C-145A are being flown now by the reserves, but no one I know believes the -145 is going to be around for long. I could trade RUMINT with you, but we'd be here forever. There is literally a rumor a day here.

Both the U-28 and the C-145A are being flown now by the reserves, but no one I know believes the -145 is going to be around for long. I could trade RUMINT with you, but we'd be here forever. There is literally a rumor a day here.
BTDT (on the RUMINT).

Remember-No mission firm till flown, can be applied elsewhere too.

Back