Age and gettin into the pipeline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazer

Unverified
  1. Greetings,

I will try to make this as and brief as possible. I just turned 37 and I want to join the Air Force and go for Special Forces. I am a Firefighter/EMT and I am willing to put that job on hold or leave it all together if need be to become a SO member which has been my dream since I was young but life got in the way and I am at the point where I have the green light to go for it, its just a matter of weather or not the Air Force will allow it and that is my question here. I have spoken to a few guys in my fire service who were in the military for many years and they told me that as long as I can still hang with the young guys ( and I can) and blow the PAST test out of the water (which I will) then I have a chance at going for SO and they do not care about my age. I spoke to a recruiter and he informed me that it will be a combination of things such as (ASVAB Test score, Personality Test Score, PAST Test, and Basic Training PT Scores) that will determine weather or not they will allow me to try out for SF. So im looking to speak to Air Force SO guys who can inform me if its a "GO" or "NO GO" considering my situation. I see a lot of conflicting information out there and I really need to speak to the source. Any information on this will be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.
  2. Lazer, Today at 10:37 AM

4. LazerUnverified
    Also wanted to add things I am doing to prepare if I get the green light...

1.) Fitness and Mental Program (Unbeatable Mind) By Commander Mark Divine former Navy SEAL
    2.) Stew Smith (Former Navy SEAL) 12 week fitness program for PJ/CCT PAST Preperation
    3.) Swimming Lessons (Total Immersion) No doubt I need wok in the pool.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back