Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Unclassified

Unverified
Hello members of Shadow Spear!

I received an alert that my account would be banned if I did not post an introduction, so I'm caving in to your scare tactics.

I have been perusing this message board for a couple months now and have gleaned a wealth of knowledge. I want to take this opportunity to graciously thank the members of this board for giving such valuable insights to laymen such as myself.

As for myself, I am a 19 year old male living in the Continental United States. I signed a HZ-Reconnaissance contract with the United States Marine Corps, yet not three days later was informed by my doctor that I had a SLAP tear in my left shoulder requiring surgery. After much debate I decided to go through with the surgery and am now relegated to waiting at least 5 months to recover, and then an additional 6 months to apply for a medical waiver to enlist. Obviously I did not expect such a detour but I am dealing with it best I can, taking college courses in the meantime to keep my options open.

I do not plan on posting much because frankly, I do not believe I have much to offer to the many men and women on this board more qualified than I; but will probably still check in from time to time because I enjoy the unique perspective this board offers.

Once again many thanks for all that you guys and gals do!

Back