Another Introduction

thisisnotmyrealname

Unverified
Hey gents...

I'm 26, live in Nashville, TN, and have been a videographer, professionally, for ten years. I'm currently working in the country music industry for a high-level country artist. While it's decent money, loads of fun, and interesting travel, I've reached the point where I can't ignore anymore the unfulfilling nature of my work.

When I started in film, I would spend my nights researching the newest camera gear, better ways to color-grade my footage, how to best light and mic a certain scene, or which gamma profile on my camera for bright daylight situations.

I took notice at the end of last year that my focus had shifted. As of this moment, I have no clue what new Sony camera is expected to be released, and I'm pretty sure there was an Apple conference keynote the other day that I forgot to watch.

Over the recent years, I started spending my free-time researching things like magnetic north/grid north, TCCC, flashlights, personal fitness, belts/kit, grid reference, wilderness survival/sustainability, etc... Spending time doing things I grew up loving to do, like being on the range and in the woods. Interest was probably magnified as of late by a few incidents (A random person emptying a mag into my car while sitting at a red light in Birmingham, being at Route 91 festival in Vegas for the massacre, etc...), and me realizing I want to spend my life doing something that matters, something that interests me, and ultimately, something that is fulfilling.

I've spent loads of time reading Loadout Room posts, researching, and googling. And it led me to this forum. I come from a military family, and I've been courting the idea of military for a while now. After training alongside a buddy while he prepped for BUD/S, and realizing that the amount of money I'd have to spend on civilian courses to learn about/how to do all the things I'm passionate about, I decided I'll stop making excuses, put in the hard work, and do the damn thing.

My first Army recruiter meeting is tomorrow morning at 10am.

Thanks for reading.

Back