Army Mods Sniper Competition Rules

The M110 isn't 'not good', it's terrible. I can't believe a barrel that big and heavy is so inaccurate, I'm not a metallurgist- but that shit sucks.

It's stupid that they are shooting with M24s, or similar guns. No one in the Army shoots 7.62 NATO sniper guns anymore. Hell, even 4th ID has .300 win mags as of at least 6 months ago. The idea of a spotter using a different gun than the shooter is equally stupid. Chance and Ed proved last year that there should be no such thing as a spotter. Two shooters, shooting the same gun, with high powered scopes on both. You then sequence fire correcting off of each others shot, this is the way of the future- it's the fastest and best way to do it, and the best way to do it. Yes, they did win with 7.62 NATO guns, but they were LaRue OBRs, and they shot them everyday- oh yeah, and they weren't handcuffed by conventional thinking.

Benning sniper school, get yourself out of the box, break the chains. The SOTIC committee has shown you the light, and proved to you how much brighter it really is. When SOTIC trained teams fill out the top 3 at YOUR competition, it's a message you need to respond to.

They came out this year at the USASOC Comp, hell they had better accessories and LRFS and etc shit I've never seen. Ran Knights 110Ks played by the same rules as everyone else and had a not so favorable outcome... Overall the biggest thing I saw from a lot of the non SOF competitors compared to SOF guys was their lack of ability to think outside the box, which ended up showing throughout the rankings. It is what it is 32 teams show up, some one will have to place last.

Is there a link to the ranking from the competition?
There are none, you probably won't see rankings posted unless released by R37. I think only a handful of competitors actually took pictures of the rankings and pretty much a lot of guys who didn't place top 10 probably wouldn't appreciate their rankings being posted online.

They came out this year at the USASOC Comp, hell they had better accessories and LRFS and etc shit I've never seen. Ran Knights 110Ks played by the same rules as everyone else and had a not so favorable outcome... Overall the biggest thing I saw from a lot of the non SOF competitors compared to SOF guys was their lack of ability to think outside the box, which ended up showing throughout the rankings. It is what it is 32 teams show up, some one will have to place last.
Who was this with 110Ks? There's a Bragg unit I know of that runs SR-25Ks, but they didn't fair very well at the USASOC Comp. It wasn't the SOTIC committee though, I'm sure they would all shoot Mk13s or OBRs.

Who was this with 110Ks? There's a Bragg unit I know of that runs SR-25Ks, but they didn't fair very well at the USASOC Comp. It wasn't the SOTIC committee though, I'm sure they would all shoot Mk13s or OBRs.

US Army Sniper School ran the 110Ks, we were limited to only .308 for the entire competition. They didn't seem too impressed with the platform, they thought they were getting hooked up with a tight shooting gun but apparently it barely held 1 MOA so they said according to their test target. We ran OBRs that consistently shot .5 MOA.

Back