Army releases results of Fort Hood review after Vanessa Guillen death

Pretty much a license to cover up anything commanders interpret as embarrassing. There's a lot of wiggle room here. From FM 3-61:

"1-44. Lapses of ethical judgment often become controversial media topics, garner negative publicity, and significantly damage reputations and credibility. As a result, these lapses potentially result in the loss of trust. Adversaries may exploit and magnify any loss of discipline by Soldiers through propaganda and the media. Such negative publicity damages the Army’s reputation; adhering to the tenets of PA can minimize the effects of negative publicity and maintain public trust and confidence in the Army."

I’m not trolling (not purposely anyway), but does the Army do the “Commander was fired for lack of confidence” bit anywhere near as much as The Corps or the Navy? It just seems like there are a few bases that are consistently in the news for this shit.

I’m not trolling (not purposely anyway), but does the Army do the “Commander was fired for lack of confidence” bit anywhere near as much as The Corps or the Navy? It just seems like there are a few bases that are consistently in the news for this shit.

Nah, we usually let them just retire with a reduced grade after Sexually harassing a subordinate, Beating their wife/having an armed standoff with police, or Using their GTCC in strip clubs and trying to sleep with junior soldiers.

We are on an uptick though. 4 have been fired since October.

3 of them were at Hood, and two of them were married.

I was at 1AD when a guy was relieved, it was not pretty. Army fires commander of Bliss-based 1st BCT

I had also OC'd their CPX before Christmas and I can say that it did not go well at all. Strangely the Squadron commander of the RSTA that I OCd was selected as the Division S3. Which meant he was the highest rated 0-5 on post, the vibe I got from those four days of the Brigade and that unit was brutal.

Back